12.11.2009

Lillie's 3

Her birthday shirt that I found at Old Navy a few months ago, inspired the Butterfly theme for her birthday. I told Lillie that she could invite her three favorite friends for a little party. She chose Syrelle, Hunter, & Witten. That's one girl and two boys! Which made the girly butterfly theme rather difficult to plan. The kids ran around and played. Once they started to get worn out, I read them the story "Percival the Plain Little Caterpillar". Then I had them get a blanket and make their cocoons. Once they were still, I got them out of the cocoon and gave them their butterfly wings one by one.
They "flew" around the house with another surge of energy. I tried to make the boys wings as macho as I could...thus the camoflauge. And we decided that they would be moths...not butterflies! :) Of course the girls had pink and purple and sparkles all over (I'm STILL sweeping up glitter off my floor).
After a lunch of chocolate milk and butterfly shaped PB & J sandwiches (us adults had butterfly (bowtie) chicken salad), Lillie opened gifts.
I made Lillie a butterfly cake, but I didn't finish frosting it...so she got candles in her ice cream! Which, let's face it, everyone prefers ice cream over cake anyway, right?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLI-KINS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the wings, even the boys need wings every once in awhile....Thats a pic you have to save and show there girlfriends and boyfriends when they get older..haha

Stockbridge Family said...

You are so crafty, creative and talented! Holy cow! Is there anything your not good at? What a fun party, those boys are good sports to go along with the wings;-)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

OF COURSE you do SUPER birthday parties!! What a cute idea

Heidi said...

Hey, I know it's been a while! How are you doing? I love the party theme! Very cute! Your family is darling! Have a Merry Christmas!

Sara M. Taylor said...

Wonder Woman!(that is sung in my mind with the wonder woman theme music playing in the background). Syrelle is so lucky to have a friend like Lillie and a cousin like you.