December 28th 1983.
A day that would forever haunt our family.
A day where a father & eldest son lost their lives...leaving a 36 year old a widow with 6 children.

It's crazy to think it's been that long that my dad & brother were killed in an accident. We try to visit the gravesite every year in remembrance of the wonderful lives they lived. I am FOREVER grateful that there is a way for families to be together forever! What a comfort and blessing. We missed the rest of the family that couldn't make it (weren't in town).
1 comment:
Thanks for making me cry. I know that several of our family members, although they miss Dad and David, have said they wouldn't change things because of where they are in their lives. . . But I can't help but think I would. I miss them and think of them so much of the time. I feel as though on that day, my childhood was tainted. . . that at that point I had experienced the kinds of things few children do. Of course I look forward to eternity when I can finally see them again, but I yearn, futilely to be back all those years and hang on to them, to not let them go. Sure there has been some good since then, lots of it, but so much heart ache as well. I wish I could have been with all of you when you went to "see" them. I stopped by a few days later, just me and my kids. David cried. I love my family.
Post a Comment