9.12.2010

Girls Camp (June)


I was so excited for my calling as the Stake YCL leader for girls camp this year! It was the first time I'd returned to camp since I was a young woman! We had a great time, and I loved getting to know the 5th & 6th year girls. They did a tremendous job in their stewardship over the younger girls, and I was amazed at their love and leadership capabilities. This camp was much different than what I was used to. My experience was in tents on a hillside, latrines, cook your own food (half of the time it turned out over or undercooked) no running water, no electricity...raw camping. No such thing with the Cottonwood Stake style. We stayed in cabins with electricity, had bathrooms & showers with running water, and we had cooks to boot! It was more of a vacation than anything!!!

Here we are on our nature hike. Justin & Adriane Ragan taught us a bit about nature and wildlife.
It was fun and interesting.  
My awesome YCL's! The theme was "Life is a Highway - Enjoy the Ride". We were lightning mcqueen.
And the girls came up with the funniest skit! Look at all that personality!
Camps not camp, without introducing 1st years to the snipe hunt tradition! That's toothpaste on their faces to attract the snipes. It was so fun watching them go through it.
The Stake Leaders - skit night we performed a dance to "Single Lady" by Beyonce. It was a riot.

1 comment:

Teddy said...

Yea Nat, you're always so good at organizing the BIG things. Way to go!