10.20.2007

Snowflake, AZ

We'd never been to Snowflake, and so we made the 2 1/2 hour trip with the Prince Family and had an adventure. We saw the temple, stopped for ice cream & we also took family pictures for Christmas cards. On the way home we were starving (the way back is down a mountain & it's pretty but there isn't much going on as far as food & lodging is concerned) & so we pulled over at this random ranch house. There were NO customers there (definitely not a good sign, considering it was 6:30 - dinner time). We ordered the salad bar & buffet...and the food looked less than pleasing. There was this mystery meat casserole - that looked like puke. When Angie had her head turned I plopped some on her plate. She got so mad - I was laughing hysterically. We sit down to eat. I turned my head to feed Lil' and then scooped up a bite of my baked potato. I look at Angie & she is rolling with laughter. Apparently while my head was turned she decided to share her mystery casserole with me & I didn't notice it when I took a bite of my potato. It didn't taste as bad as it looked. We had a fun day - but we were exhausted once we got home. I slept in until 9:00 this morning...haven't done that in awhile.

8 comments:

jaesi said...

What a beautiful name for a town. And a temple. You have SUCH a cute fam.

Annie Sunshine said...

Beautiful picture - Is that your closest temple?

Anonymous said...

Nat- your hair is so cute. Its late, I took a 2+ hour nap today and don't want to fight to go to bed so I thought I'd check out your blog. Well done. Hopefully I can check it out more often so I feel like I am still part of the Arizona clan. I've been having dreams of going to live down there with Sara and Paul and commuting to Flagstaff for school...remember, it was our old plan :@. We will see

Rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

You have a reputation of having the cutest Christmas cards ever! We're looking forward to seeing this years! What a beautiful temple. I am a Flagstaff girl (lived there for two years) so these AZ cities have special meaning. What a great place to be!

Leslie said...

Nat, you always make me laugh. I love the stories on your blog:) You look great and you suck for making me think that you were pregnant again:)

Leslie said...

Nat, you always make me laugh. I love the stories on your blog:) You look great and you suck for making me think that you were pregnant again:)

self2007 said...

Nat, I forgot to tell you, that just in case you ever go to Snowflake again...GO TO EVA'S!!!
I have absolutely no idea what restaurant you guys went to, I can't believe you didn't call me!
Anyway, Eva's is actually "La Cocina de Eva" it's on main on the corner a block past the (only) light. It's AWESOME:)