11.02.2008

Man + Woman = Prop 102

Cory and I were "volunteered" to represent our ward in encouraging yes votes for Prop 102, which only recognizes marriage between a man and a woman in Arizona. We handed out stickers, reminder bands, and pamphlets at the Fort Verde Days parade. For the most part, we got a positive response from those we gave stuff to. I had an encounter with a 90 lb. gal who apparently wanted to fight me...very interesting. She's really brave to provoke a pregnant lady pushing a toddler in a stroller.

Guess who went pee pee in the potty!!!! The down fall - she hasn't been interested since. Do I just wait until she is ready? How do I know, because she was all about it at first, but I guess the newness rubbed off. I'm a newbie at this...any advice is greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

Yes on 102! (and on 8 in Cali)

You know I am happy to hand out advice, so I would say try it full-on (using real underwear) for two to three days. If it is frustrating and she doesn't seem to be improving...wait a few months and try it again. That worked really well for Bryce. When he did potty train (after four separate times of trying) he was potty trained in a day and never had an accident again.

Lindsay however is an example on how NOT to potty-train. She was showing a few signs of readiness, and I was tired of diapers, so I pushed it for two long miserable months. She was potty-trained at the end of it, but it was not a happy two months.

Of course here is the downfall. Bryce wasn't potty-trained until he was 3 and a half. Lindsay was potty-trained before her second b-day. So pick your poison. Potty-training is hardly ever an enjoyable experience, and each kid is so different when it comes to what works. I hope you find one that makes you both happy.

For Ella I am waiting for summer so she can spend a lot of time outside and it is easier to clean up the accidents.

The Self's said...

All I can say is...good luck with that :D (just follow your instincts...she won't wear diapers forever!)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

I'm so glad I got to do that parade with you. You could've totally taken the little bawler--even being preggo =).

Good Luck w' the potty training! I found that for us--using pull-ups actually encouraged them to keep peeing in their pants. With real undies, they were more reluctant.

Mike Flegal said...

ouch.. thanks for the shun