11.02.2008

Happy Halloween!!!

This Halloween was a blast for us! We had a fun F.H.E. with the Prince's the Monday before "All Hallows Eve". Angie talked about letting the light of Christ shine through us like a pumpkin, and then we carved them out.

I designed the face and Cory carved it out. Lil' kept saying "yucky" when she'd help pull out the pumpkin seeds. It was so cute!

Of the 5 halloween costume parties we were invited to, Cory had to miss three of them because of work. My friend Niki called to see if I was going to go to one of them and I said no because Cory couldn't be there. She suggested that I just go with her & Nate and my reply was "As what the second wife and third wheel?"...Well, as it turns out that's just what I did. Another friend, Katie, couldn't find a sitter and her husband didn't really want to go, so she became the 3rd wife. We had so much fun and even won the vote for the best costume.

We loved going to the Taylor's on Halloween for a soup & bread dinner before the kiddos went trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. The cousins had a great time seeing eachother dressed up in their costumes. It was too difficult getting a picture of everyone, because the kids were a little TOO excited! As for us Ipson's, my Aunt Teresa took a quick snapshot for us. If you can't tell our theme was Lil' Red Riding Hood - complete with Granny & the Big Bad Wolf. Ready to go trick-or-treating. The older kids took off, so Big Bad Wolf Cory & Matador Paul took Lil' Red & Pooh bear Syrelle to just a few houses down the street. We had a great time until we heard about a boy in Paul's ward who got hit by a car on the highway. He's 14 years old and it hit him at 45 mph. It was really scary because he had to be lifeflighted to the Flagstaff Medical Center. To date he is doing relatively well - a couple broken bones, a bruised lung, and fractured back, but doctors are concerned about his neurological status. But considering the fact that he's still living is good news.

11 comments:

Heather B said...

She is so cute, and looking more like you every day!! Your plig costume made me laugh outloud, that was too funny.

Lyndy Butler said...

you guys are hilarious!

Taralee said...

That 3rd wife story is too funny! And Lillie's costume is so cute! You guys all look great. I wanna see some belly pictures, or at least your belly IN a picture :)

Rachael said...

Love little red riding hood! She looks adorable! I'm glad you finally called me don't forget that your suppose to call me back! Love ya!

jaesi said...

You are a smokin plig!

Oh and Lil....sooo darling.

I wanna hear more about this girl wanting to fight you!

Jenn said...

we are going private so if you'd like an invite email me, Jennifernydegger@yahoo.com

and cute costumes by the way. love the second wife! you probably couldn't get away with that where we used to live!

The McCarthys said...

I love the Red Ridding Hood theme.. very cute!! You guys are an adorable little fam!

Heidi said...

I love your costumes! That was a great idea! It definitely gave us a good laugh!

jerolyn said...

Cute, you guys will have to bring more pictures when you come up in a few weeks!
I have a goal to write on everyones blogs tonight, so I'm not quite half way through all the blogs on my list! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on your family costumes.
I loved it when I could pick what my girls were going to be, but even Harlee was set on what she wanted to be this year.
The 2nd wife thing was hilarious.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh great--now I can't decide which I like better: The Polygamists or the Red Riding Hood theme.=) Both so creative & fun! Lillie looks ABSOLUTEY adorable. You guys are so cute!