12.19.2008

God Bless the U.S.A....

I'm sure these were the thoughts that ran through my parents minds as they came home. They have successfully served an 18 month mission in Croatia...and while they loved the opportunity, they are SO glad to be home! I was lucky enough to hitch a ride with my sister up to St. George and see them at the airport. I didn't think I'd cry, but the reunion was so sweet, I was caught off guard and the tears just flowed when I embraced my mom.
Here's just a handful of the grandkids anxiously waiting for the plane to arrive...
Lillie sure didn't waste anytime getting reaquainted with Grandma Linda! I think it took my mom by surprise...after all, Lil' was only 5 months old when they left last May! Since my mom ("grampa" as Lillie calls her) has been home, Lillie has become very attached. She adores her "grampa"...
Two peas in a pod...This is just over half of our family that were able to make it...Mom & me in the backyard. The first thing my dad did when he got home was roam through his fruit orchard. We had a great lunch and enjoyed stories about Croatia. It was a wonderful reunion!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I so love the kissing picture. That is precious.

jaesi said...

how wonderful for you and your family!
You and your mom are beautiful.

Kylene said...

So cute! I remember you always being so close w/your mom...and how she'd call early in the morning sometimes! Haha! ;) You family is so awesome, Nat! I'm glad they made it home safe.