3.16.2009

Please pass the depends...

Dear Bladder,
I realize we both have been through a lot of pain from 6 weeks ago, but I am writing this letter to encourage you not to give up. I thought it would take time for you to work through this, but I get no response from you, so I finally consulted a doctor. By her orders, I try to "strengthen" our relationship everyday, but I feel nothing from you. Don't you care? I can't laugh, cough, sneeze, jump, jog, or bend over with out your support. I mean it takes me physically crossing my legs to make up for your lack of commitment. And what about jumping on the trampoline? Does this mean no more back flips & back hand springs? I admit that I have learned empathy for my toddler wetting her pants in the middle of Wal-Mart last week ("clean up on Aisle 12"). After all, if I can't keep my pants dry, how can I expect it of her?
Hang in there...please!
Give us another chance!

Sincerely,
Natalie

12 comments:

The Fish Family said...

Oh Natalie...I almost peed my pants just reading that! You are too funny and I am sorry that you are still dealing with this. Maybe another fondue day will soothe things over. Let me know because I am always up for it. Talk to ya soon!

Annie Sunshine said...

You are so cute! Sorry to say (at least from my experience) it gets better over time, but it never is quite as good as it was pre-baby, and each baby seems to weaken it more. Two years after baby number three I STILL have to cross my legs when coughing and sneezing, and sometimes even when laughing. I wish you more luck than me.

Callie said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud this morning- I love you! I too have pee problems- I think it's just what happens. Those kegels help a little bit- but honestly, it's just never the same after pushing 2 kids out! If you find a grand solution- let me know. I think you would make a million bucks if you could seriously figure it out!

David and Jaycee said...

You don't even know How much I sincerely know what you're talking about! It's rather pathetic! Let me know if this mind of matter thing starts working for you cause I suck at kegal's! (is that what there called?)
I'm hangin in there! Two more weeks and I"m done with my piano students for awhile so that will be really nice! What about you new mommy of two!!?? We're pretty nervous about switching from "man to man" to zone defense! Scary stuff! Talk to you soon!

Kylene said...

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaa! You're so great, I love you! Even if your bladder doesn't....

Britany said...

You are freaking hilarious! and so creative!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

hahaha!! You are so funny! =)

Heidi said...

Just yesterday I had to get off the tramp twice to go to the bathroom in hopes that I could continue to jump with the kids. Yea it didn't work so well. After each kid it does get worse, sorry to say, but my sister in law had to have a hysterectomy and they did something else in the process to fix that wetting problem and she said that it worked and she can jump now. So I am looking forward to that day when I know for sure that I'm done having kids and I too will be getting whatever they did done to me, minus the hysterectomy part if at all possible.

Teresa McCormack Flegal said...

You are the cutest thing .Now you understand why I can't jump on my trampoline. Will you explain this to my grandchildren? I've had the repair, but unfortunately didn't work that well for me. Accidents still happen. Almost had one reading your blog.. However life goes on with a little help from , well you know... Love ya. Hang in there

Stockbridge Family said...

oh you just made my day with that post! I am still laughing! Glad to know others have had the same problems after having a baby!

Tiffany and Jon said...

hey we went private and we need you email to invite you!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha I LOVE YOU-
AMEN--pass it along to my bladder!