6.22.2009

Father's Day

I'm sure you moms feel the same way about your hubbies, but for the record I gotta say that my spouse is the best dad out there! I lost my dad to a car accident when I was younger than Lillie, so I never had that special father-daughter bond. My step-dad has been a good father (he married my mom when I was 9), but we've never been super close. So to see my husband love and care and play with his daughters, will often get me a bit misty eyed. I love him even more when I see him as a dad.
Unfortunately, he had to work at the station on Father's Day. So we got up extra early to make him homemade cinnamon rolls and bring him breakfast at the station before 9:00 church.Here's the crew. On the right is Carlos, Cory's captain. Lillie absolutely loves him! He's about 50 years old, but he's never had kids, so he loves her right back!

Did you know that it was the summer soltice on Father's Day?
Due to the longest day of the year, I decided we needed to have ice cream for dinner!
And, boy, it was delicious!
We love ice cream!

4 comments:

Brittney Taylor said...

Hey Natalie...I don't know if in that last picture if you are having your little girl do a thumbs up or not but when I have my little boy do a thumbs up that is exactly what he does and it is so funny...so if that is what she is doing to I love it...she is a dang cutie...

The Sorensen Bunch said...

OF COURSE you are so cute even in your holdiay celebrating pages!! Cory is a great daddy...like My little Ryland said " Does that daddy ever stop holding the baby?" ha ha ha (when we were ath teh fare well bar-b-q)

The Gubler Fam said...

hey cute posts! I love you so much! You really are the ultimate fun mom! just look at these posts!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

sounds like a good enough reason to have ice cream!! So cute that you went to visit Cory at the firestation for Father's Day.