10.11.2009
Old Man River...
That's what we'll be calling the spouse from here on out! Cory turned 30 yesterday, and we partied like it's 1979! I threw a surprise bash for him in Angie's backyard. Since I am a horrible liar (I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing), he could see right through me when I told him of our plans for the evening. He had a great time, regardless.
Don't you love my 70's suit? Too bad you couldn't see the whole thing. The girls were in their PJ's because they were supposed to be at the babysitter's. Come to find out, Abby is NOT a fan of polyester! She wouldn't come near me all night long...she only wanted her daddy!
Since Tammy was a sophmore in 1979, she brought her yearbook to make sure people were dressed for the right era. It was funny to see how much fashion & trends have changed!
Bailey, Shipley, & Madison rockin' out!
Lillie helped her daddy blow out the candles. Hunter really wanted to help too, but was prevented from doing so.
Paul won the award for best dressed and was "mento" have hair and be in the 70's.
The guests filled out "30 questions...Cory style" and Nate won with getting 23 right! I'm still baffled that he won. He knows more about Cory than family! I made this t-shirt of a classic silly face Cory makes and it says "you lookin' at me?"
Awww...the Chia Pet! Didn't you want one when you were a kid? Shipley won this bad boy prize from the blindfolded musical chairs game! SO FUNNY!
Here's Shipley and Angie battling it out for the winners spot. Obviously the cushioned chair isn't in the direction they are headed!
Others in attendance: the Dickerson's, Welly's, Prince's, Taylor's, Behrmann's, Cook's, Kleinman's, and the elders. We had dinner and the guests had to bring Cory 30 things. To name a few, he got 30 boxes of matches, 30 bars of soap, 30 band-aids, 30 shotgun shells (actually 100), 30 dollar gift certificate to Target, 30 whoppers, 30 q-tips, 30 bottles of Dr. Pepper, 30 candy bars, 30 colored pictures, and more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Late Birthday, Cory. Natalie it looks like you threw him an awesome party!
What a fun party! You always throw great parties! Wish we could have come- we would have given him 30 chewed pieces of gum or 30 dirty diapers or something!
Happy Birthday Cory and what a wonderful wife you have to go to such an effort! Your awesome Nat! I love you!
That was a totally rockin' party! You sure know how to throw 'em. I would have voted you as the best dressed. I am so envious of your polyester suit. You make it look good.
Sara
Post a Comment