Time sure does fly when you are having fun! I have one regret about today's events...SHOTS! I didn't realize that on the 1 year wellness check, that shots were involved. We get to the doctor's office & strip her down for her physical check-up, then I was informed she had to get two shots in the arm & two more in the leg. She was TICKED at me (of course I had to be the one to hold her). All she wanted was her dad - he eagerly accepted the invitation to be the "owie soother". He's so good with Lil' that he helped her fall right to sleep. (thank goodness it was naptime). After a long nap, the fam came over for dinner & cake. Can you tell Lil' is a pyro like her daddy? She actually didn't burn her fingers, but came pretty darn close.

Lillie sure does love her cousins - she only wishes more could be there.

She dug into her cake & got frosting EVERYWHERE! It was adorable. Cory helped her open her presents & she actually started to acknowledge the concept of tearing off the wrapping paper. She got some fun toys & cute clothes.

After company had left, I sat down and read her a story from a book she was given by her auntie Angie. I totally bawled through the book. For any of you mothers out there blessed with little girls, you need this book. Once you've read it, you will understand what I am talking about. We also watched the video footage we took of Lillie this past year - it was fun reviewing some of the milestones that she had accomplished.
8 comments:
CUTE! I want to get that book for sure. I love the sign you made for her in the background! Happy Birthday Lillie!
Seriously Nat...could you BE any prettier?!
How fun to have so much family live close by.
Happy Birthday Lillie Lin!
HEY NAT! YOU GET THE WORLD BEST MOM AWARD FOR THE DEVOTION THAT YOU GIVE LILLIE. I'M SO GLAD THAT I GET TO BE A PART OF YOUR LIFE, AND SEE THE WONDERFUL PERSON YOU ARE. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT EXAMPLE YOU ARE TO ME.AND ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU GIVE ME. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! IT IS SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT ONE YEAR AGO I SAW THAT BEAUTY FOR THE FIRST TIME. MY HOW TIME FLIES.
I can' believe Lil is one! Time goes by way to fast!!!
Happy Birthday Lillie!! She is growing into a beautiful little girl. She is changing from the baby days to toddler days. It looks like you are loving every minute of her. Thanks for the Christmas card. Way to be on top of everything. That is a beautiful family picture. I love your blog. Let us know if you come into town for Christmas. If you have a minute, you should come let my girls mall sweet Lillie.
What Lillie's one! How did that happen so fast? I too love that book and it is definitly a tear jerker! Happy birthday Lillie!!
She's adorable!!! She's pretty lucky to have such a great Momma and Daddy.
Happy Birthday Lillie Lin! You are the cutest Mom ever. I can tell from these photos that you went all out for her celebration! It was a treat for us to see you. Grandma keeps bringing it up! You really made her day/week/month... probably year! I am excited to read the Someday book!
Post a Comment