12.06.2007

Northern Utah Adventures...

Last weekend, Lil' and I were lucky enough to accompany the "Behrmann Beauties" (i.e. Tammy, Bailey, & Britin) on an adventure to Northern Utah. I was REALLY nervous how Lillie would react to being restrained on my lap for the flight, but thanks to good 'ol nursing, she was zonked before we even took off! PHEW! First thing after we arrived, I visited the World's Greatest Grandma (pictured below). No kidding, she is the bestest of them all - and to think she will be 90 in January! It was so great seeing Mike, Ali, Katie & Aunt Teresa.

Then, Rachael (college buddy) picked me & Lil' up (the one downfall of flying is having to rely on others to get around town) so that we could meet Jack! Jack & Lillie had a ball romping around the basement floor of Rachael's house...as seen below. Wait a minute...now that I have posted this picture, it looks like Lil' is getting a bit frisky - I'll have to talk to her about that! :)

Jack was fascinated with the bow in Lil's hair & he kept trying to pull it out...even though he's only 6 weeks younger than her, the two seemed to get a long great. All except Jack's sinking his 8 teeth on Lil's hand! Maybe he was showing off, because Lil' only has 4 teeth so far...HA!
Group shot - so cute.
So after Rachael & I had dinner (she let me get my fix of Cafe Rio - which is only a couple minutes from her house. LUCKY!) and a good chat, she took me back to temple square where I met up with Tammy & the girls to see the temple lights. The girls helped me bundle up Lillie - she looked nice & cozy.
The lights were absolutely beautiful- I was amazed at how much time it must have taken to set it all up. And we thought decorating OUR house with lights was a chore!! It was neat seeing the nativity scenes from all around the world. We hustled back to the Marriot & ordered some hot chocolate to warm us back up (I was so missing Arizona at that point! - I'm a total WIMP)

The next morning the girls went swimming. I didn't think to bring a swimsuit, so I opted not to wear my birthday suit, and let Lillie take a dip in her diaper. She & Bailey have so much fun together. Then we headed to Roosevelt for a baby blessing. We got there in perfect time- the first snowfall. It was really pretty. Lillie seemed to enjoy her introduction to the white powder. Doesn't she look like Ralphie's little brother from "The Christmas Story"? We had a great trip & were sad to leave on Sunday night!

5 comments:

Heather B said...

You look beautiful Nat!! And I LOVE the pool picture, and the snow suit picture.

jaesi said...

Dido to what Heather said about you being beautiful!
And that is about the cutest picture in the snow Ive seen!

Rachael said...

Nat, I had so much fun with you! I wish you lived closer. Thanks for being such a good friend I really appreciate our friendship so much! Lil is such a doll and I am sorry Jack is such a bully!!! Come visit me again soon! Love ya!

p.s. I love the snow suit!

Taralee said...

That is HILARIOUS! YES, she looks JUST like Ralphy :) I'm totally laughing right now LOL! And I think that picture of her swiming is SO cute! Something about it is just so sweet! Looks like a way fun trip. Thanks for the detailed post!

S. and A. Millar said...

I like the rest of them love that last picture of Lil in the snow she looks soooo happy to be there!