
This is a picture taken at our ward party in Arizona. I was really proud that I made Cory's costume, but I was grateful that the Bethlehem setting had low lighting in the gym...I had sewn one of the sleeves inside out...and the body shape was interesting to say the least. I'm glad my master seamstress Mother is on the other side of the world right now, for she would have laughed at my skills! We had a yummy dinner that we had to pay with clay coins, and a program with the nativity and scriptures and Christmas songs, etc. I love the whole City of Bethlehem theme for ward Christmas parties- I know everyone says it, but the Christmas season really does seem materialistic to me these days. In fact, we had a girl live with us a couple months back that is agnostic (meaning - she believes in a higher power, but she doesn't know what or who it is...I never knew these types of things, until I've had these girls live with me). Anyway, when I asked her if she celebrates Christmas...she said yes! I laughed - "Don't you realize it's celebrating Christ's birth? Thus the name CHRISTmas???". She said yes, but she focuses more on Santa and getting gifts on Christmas morning...or some mumbo jumbo. She had lost my attention when she started justifying her "reason for the season".

Speaking of Santa, this was Lil's first encounter. I thought for sure she would scream...but she was pretty calm, cool, & collected about the whole experience. I admit I was a bit disappointed - I thought a picture of her freaking out would have been good to add her 1st year photo collection. Cory & I attended the LaVerkin city Christmas Eve celebration. My nephews Grant, Trey, & Kellan were in the nativity program. It was really cute. Then Santa showed up afterwards...

Christmas Eve at the Ipson Residence. "PJ Elf" showed up and left some pajamas for the kids on the front porch. They were so disappointed they didn't catch him...maybe next year! It's a fun tradition that Cory & I started in our family.

Talk about bed head & sleepy eyes - can you tell this was on Christmas morning!

Santa got Lil' a few gifts - that seemed sufficient to me, but Cory insisted that Lillie should get a red wagon. "Every kid needs one," he said. I was reluctant, but supportive. I'm glad he pushed it, because it's obvious that she loves it best.

Going cruizin' in the red wagon with cousin Ella.
2 comments:
It looked like Lil had so much fun on Christmas. Aren't you glad that they can at least play with their toys even if they won't remember this Christmas. Lil sure looks cute when she wakes up!
Your sewing is impressive! Don't downplay your mad skills. If I had been responsible for the outfit, it would have been held together by duct tape. I loved the Christmas photos... as always, your Lily is darling.
Post a Comment