1.01.2008

Happy New Year...


Our trip to Utah was a lot of fun & we got to see so many good friends. Here is a picture of Lil', me & Whitni...college buddy. She is a riot, and we always have a blast when we are together. I only wish that my other reunions with friends could have gone so smoothly...
If you feel the need for a chuckle on my behalf, read on... So on Christmas Eve, the Spouse & I & my sister Mary were doing some last minute shopping in St. George. When we pulled up to the Wal-Mart entrance, I noticed an old friend from high school walking out with his wife & two little sisters. I jumped out of the truck & gave him a big hug. We had a great time catching up on what's been going on with eachother & our families. I think it is so funny when I come across people from high school...I feel like I need to be cute and impress them...isn't that lame? Does anyone else feel that way? Anyway... The conversation is going great & before I let it go to "dull" mode, I said something to the extent of "Well, I'd love to chat, but Mary & I have to run into Wal-Mart to get some last minute items...Merry Christmas!" I enthusiastically turned and started to run toward the entrance...I didn't go as far as 6 inches when it happened. Mary tried to warn me, but it was too late...I ran into a pole!!!!! Square in the face. I could have sworn I broke my nose. It wasn't even a big pole, about the size of a stop sign. I couldn't face them...and I prayed they didn't see me. The laughter confirmed the fact that it had been witnessed by all four. So much for making a smooth impression, eh?

Happy 2008 - I missed Cory tonight. He had to work at the station, so I settled for a kiss over the phone. At home we drank some sparkling apple cider (we joked that this was hard core Mormon partying) and we worked on making new year resolutions...

Here's a few I came up with - Exercise more, Scripture Study daily, Take a trip, No more running into poles...

8 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

You're not alone...I think just about everyone wants to give off the best impression they can when they see people that they don't see very often. It's just human nature...and due to Murphy's Law most of us can't pull it off most of the time. You know... "What can go wrong, will go wrong".

jaesi said...

silly Natalie!!
I HATE seeing people I went to school with...you are so right on the dull mode. I avoid it as much as I avoid polls.

Ali said...

Hey... can I come on that trip you're thinking about?

Great, thanks! So, who won? You or the pole?

Janalee said...

I'm just happy to see that you do your blog in the middle of the night too. . . motherhood hours.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Hey Natalie! Jerolyn gave me your blog so I have been checking it out and love it! You guys sound like you have so much fun...it's great! I agree with seeing people from high school, it's weird that we feel like we have to impress them, huh? Anyway, I also have a blog, but for security from Internet predators it's invite only. If you want an invite, send me your email address to tamarynn@yahoo.com. It's good to hear what's been going on with you!

Rachael said...

Happy New Year. I think another one of your resolutions should be "I'm going to answer my phone this year" Miss you, call me!

Anonymous said...

I just read a chapter in my latest book, dedicated to what just happened to you. The book is called Being the MOM. I love it, I read it a while ago and had to read it again. The chapter is called: Learn to Laugh: Today's Embarrassment Will Likely Be Tomorrow's Comedy. I sounds like you have that chapter down. To first have it happen, then second share it. I love that you shared it with all of us. It made my day to picture that, but I was sad for you, too. I hope it did not hurt to much. We all do stuff like that, but most of us have not learned to laugh it off that well. I'm proud of you:)

Sara M. Taylor said...

Way to go Nat! You are cute as ever.