2.09.2008

Date Night...

Since we have 2 teen girls that live with us, Cory & I feel it is even more vital that we have a date night at least once a week. The girls stay late at the school while we have time with just us. So several months ago we started a group date "club" with some friends. Every 2nd Friday of the month we get together & have a good time. It was the Prince's turn to plan the date this month. We met at a local pizza place for dinner & then we split into two groups and did a video scavenger hunt. This is what we had to do:
* Recite a verse from Romeo & Juliet to someone on the street.
* Interview an older couple - How did you meet? How long have you been married? Kiss for us!
* Go to gas station & offer to wash a customer's windows. Find out their favorite candy bar, buy it for them, & when you give it to them say "Merry Christmas"
* Interview at least five people coming out of the store: Are you ready for valentine's? Do you give candy, flowers, cards? What are your plans?
* Go to Movie Gallery, select a movie & have an "Ebert & Roper" style movie review with one of the customers.
* Buy some gum & have a bubble gum blowing contest with someone.
* Purchase a rose at the grocery store & while paying for it, recite a poem you make up to the cashier. Have her place the rose in your teeth & do the tango out the front door with your spouse.
The scavenger hunt was so fun - we felt like high schoolers - in fact, the older couple we interviewed actually asked if we were in high school! My favorite part was watching the reaction from complete strangers on the street, when we confronted them! We all met up back at the Prince's for chocolate fondue & we watched our video footage. We had a great time, even though we missed the Taylor's. What are some of your plans for the DAY OF LOVE???

My friend Teddy watched our Lillie bug while we were out. We are doing a babysitting trade. Because it gets so pricey paying for a date AND a sitter, we set this up to cut costs. She watched Lil for us & we'll watch her two boys next Friday while she & her husband go out on the town.

11 comments:

Janalee said...

That sounds like a ton of fun - and something that you would be very good at. I would definetly choose you for my team! Way cute picture of Lil too! Do you care if I copy it off for Kate? I'm putting together pics of all of her friends and cousins so that she can pack them around (covered in plastic of course:). Love ya!

Diane said...

I came across your blog from Kristin. Your date group is a great idea. Even us old folks could do something like that. Well maybe not the scavanger hunt. Love you! Aunt Diane

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That sounds like so much fun! I think I might have to steal that idea and also the idea of group dating once a month so you have a definite date night!

Heather B said...

I LOVE that idea, I wish I had a date group. That does remind me of some of the good ol super fun dates in high school. I miss that.

Shannon said...

Cute idea for a fun date! It reminds me of high school too, but that's what is so fun about it. Lil is adorable. Babysitting trade is the only way to go when it comes to going on regular dates with your man. We do it with Joe & Holli so we can go to the temple.

Rachael said...

I'm not sure about the video scavenger hunt??? But I am sure that Lillie is the cutest little girl I know! I love her! I was just thinking the other day that you needed to take more pis of her, you being a photographer and all...keep it up I love it!

jaesi said...

you are hilarious. I remember those days in HS.
YOu can beat a good babysitting swap!

Mike Flegal said...

dang that sounds like fun. Too bad i left town before you guys did that!..
Silly taylors.. they would have rocked at that!

Liz Green said...

The scavanger hunt sounds fun. Although I don't think I'd be comfortable doing it in New York City. Glad to hear you're making room for date nights!

Annie Sunshine said...

I haven't done that since high school. I'm afraid our day of love is budget strapped so we are passing our kids off to my cousin (they had theirs on Monday), and then having a nice QUIET evening just to ourselves. Who knows what we will do...probably sleep!

Kylene said...

That is such a cute idea!