2.16.2008

Lovin' life in Phoenix!

Cory had a VFIS two day instructor training class in Phoenix on Tuesday & Wednesday this last week, and so we decided to make it a family affair. We stayed in a hotel right next to the University of Phoenix stadium (where the superbowl was held). It was a short trip, but it's always nice to break away from the "norm" every once in awhile. February in Phoenix offers such nice weather...in fact, we were able to go swimming in the outdoor pool. Lillie splashing Cory in the face. You can tell by her expression that she is getting a kick out of Cory's reaction! The hotel in the background is brand new - it just opened in December. When we walked in, it still had that "new carpet" smell. I love that!
We went out to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville". It was pretty good, but the atmosphere was even better. It was decorated beach scene style, with pirates walking around on stilts, which facsinated Lillie bean. When the nice pirate lady came to make Lil' a balloon shaped like a poodle, Lillie just lost it! I don't know if you can tell by this picture, but she was literally hanging on for dear life to both Cory & I.
Next to the University of Phoenix dome, there are all sorts of shops & entertainment to enjoy. We were walking back to the car when music started playing from nearby speakers. Lillie stopped walking and started to shake her "groove thang" to the music! It was hilarious! I'll be the first to admit the fact that I am a horrible dancer, but I love to play music and dance around the house with Lil'. Maybe that's where she got it from???



After shopping at Ross for TWO HOURS (I love to look at every little thing, but I couldn't believe that I was in there that long), I picked up Cory from class. I said "Thank you so much for my valentine's present. I LOVE it!" He looked at me strangely and said..."I haven't gotten you anything yet." "Oh yes you did! Let me show you!" I replied. I found this red nine west purse on clearance for $12 bucks! Lillie caught on to the purse concept and was carrying my purse all over the room. Cory said she needed one too, so we went back and got the pink purse for $3 for her...now she carries it everywhere! That sure beats spending the same amount on candy!


I've been so bogged down with several projects I'm currently working on for the school, that I needed a break! I saw a valentine's decoration at Sara's and I felt inspired. I looked through some material, and after a few late nights later... I came up with this. I thought it turned out pretty cute. I don't have a lot of valentine's decorations, so this will be nice to add to my stash for the years to come.

17 comments:

Rachael said...

Well look at you missy. Weren't we just talking about the creative gene? Looks like I am jealous of you as well!!! I LOVE that video of Lil! She is so darling! Jack was getting a kick out of watching his little girlfriend shake her money maker! It looks like you guys had a great time. You look beautiful in the picture at Jimmy Buffets! I miss you and I wish I was there right now...this is when I would have come:( Love ya!

by: Kim said...

Lil is getting so big. It is to bad that they have to grow up so fast. Looks like you had alot of fun.I am glad someone had some fun this week. Maybe next week will be better at our house.

jaesi said...

I LOVE HER!!! send her to me please!
SUCH a cute purse!!! I love it.
I know what you mean about ROSS/TJMAXX/ Marshalls.....Love them all!!!

Kaesy said...

Lil's got some serious moves. She definitely has her mama's style!

Emily said...

Natalie,
lots of fun stuff. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun in Phoenix just being together. I love your valentine's decoration.
Aren't you the creative one! Emily

Andrew Flegal said...

Hi,
Will you please come craft-a-tise (not a word, I know) my house? I am so impressed that just whipped something so darling up, the way you would a batch of cookies!

What a fun break. I love the pirate on the stilts. How fun! It is nice to get away to a hotel... how lovely! The water looks so appealing.

Andrew Flegal said...

By the way - this is Ali Flegal posting, not your ridiculously handsome, inventive, brilliant cousin Andrew.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That video is absolutely adorable!!! Lil can certainly dance! I have to say that I am jealous that you were someplace that was warm enough to go swimming outside...how fun! It looks like you guys had a great time in Phoenix!

Taralee said...

How fun!! That sounds like my kind of get away! And I love your cute decoration. Nice work Natalie :)

Annie Sunshine said...

I love the cute valentine's decoration. You just have that creative gene that I am a bit green with envy about. I see cute stuff like that, get inpired, and then want to toss it when it's done. Good job.

Janalee said...

I am so glad to hear that you spend as much time in ross as I do. . . of course you have to check out everything in the store - it's just a ross thing:) I love the video of Lil, she has got some serious moves! It makes me miss you guys! Now that you got rid of your girls can I come visit?

Kelly said...

Martha Stewart's still got it (aka - you!) I was so happy to find your blog! It has been so long and I always wonder what my old buddies are up to. Lillie is so cute! Just a little bit younger than my little Eva from what I can tell. She can dance but not quite like Lillie. I'm so glad I'll be able to keep up with you. Email me at kellyn@infowest.com and let's talk!

Kelly (Blunck) Niederhauser)

Shannon said...

Sounds like fun! For some reason, I can totally see you working at that restaraunt. I can picture you in my head dressed up, walking around on stilts and asking your customers...."RRRR ya thirsty?" (in a pirate voice). I love the video of Lil. Sounds like you had a great time. Tell Kelly hi for me. She's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Natalie,
I hope you don't mind me jumping over to your blog from Saras. The Valentine decoration is adorable. Is it material or paper? You guys have such a cute family.

Shawna said...

I just wanted to thank you for that cute card and book you sent to Maverick. He loves it. I hope the next time you come to visit Jana we can meet. Your blog is darling and so is your little girl.
Shawna & Maverick

Kylene said...

YOu are SO cute, Nat. I can't wait until Shae grows up and dances and plays with purses.... Aww! Lil is SOOOO cute! Good job, there. ;)

Mike Flegal said...

HEY CUZ!!! Your little Lille is so dang cute.. she really can shake her groove thang.. I love that you put that on here.. I miss the phoenix sooooooo badly.. but Im super happy to be at home with the fam.. Hopefully Ill get to come down and do crepes again..
xo
mikie