We had a blast spending the day on Kolob with Luke & Jan at their cabin. Here's Lil' & Kate cozy and warm in their PJ's.
The weather outside was a bit chilly. We don't have a snow mobile, so we had to improvise...the rhino performed surprisingly well in the snow - Luke only had to bale us out once!!! After we got home, we went for a ride on the sand dunes (in t-shirts) with Cory's family. Only in Southern Utah can you experience such contrast of the elements in one day!
Saturday's brunch & egg hunt with the cousins - they were very anxious to get out back to search for eggs, candy, & cash - and they weren't too keen on posing for a picture...so this was the best I could do!
Lillie actually caught on to the concept of the egg hunt & she enjoyed it, until she discovered the instant thrill of...
the trampoline! She couldn't get enough of it...and played on it any chance she could all weekend.
After 3 easter egg hunts on Saturday, Grandpa Joe...errr, the easter bunny, I mean - has made it a tradition to hide an easter basket for everyone in the backyard on Sunday morning. With a little help, Lillie quickly found her basket in the tulips. And of course, she went for the treats first thing! Not to get graphic, but after changing her soiled diaper today, I discovered some aluminum candy wrapper bits in her stuff... I guess we should have watched her candy consumption a little more closely!!! We have more than enough sweets - which really got me thinking about buckling down with my exercise routine. Swimsuit season is right around the corner, you know!
On a more serious note, I really enjoy & appreciate the meaning behind the Easter holiday more & more every year. I find it very fitting that it should fall during the Spring season with trees & bushes blossing & coming back to life. We had a wonderful weekend & are lucky to have such wonderful family & friends!
On a more serious note, I really enjoy & appreciate the meaning behind the Easter holiday more & more every year. I find it very fitting that it should fall during the Spring season with trees & bushes blossing & coming back to life. We had a wonderful weekend & are lucky to have such wonderful family & friends!
12 comments:
Lil looks so cute in her little Easter dress. Looks like you had a great weekend.
So cute! I love how great you are at capturing the moment. I am also very entertained by Lil enjoying her treats, wrapper and all:) We had so much fun playing and can't wait to see you again.
Looks like you guys had an awesome Easter! Lil's hair is getting so long...I love it! She is so dang cute I just want to squeeze her! Miss you guys!
Oh man, I LOVE Kolob. Looks like a ton of fun!
Wow...all of a sudden Lil's hair is so long! How did that happen? She looks adorable. I LOVE that first picture. So cute.
It would have been fun to be there for at least 2 of the Easter Egg hunts. Cute pictures! Sounds like you had a blast. Funny about the silver wrapper in the diaper. Did I ever tell you about the time David chewed on a deck of cards and the next day I changed his diaper and there on the top of the "pile" was the corner of the Ace of Hearts card. So memorable, eh?
looks like fun, wish we could be there for more special events, but we are looking forward to seeing you guys in June/July.
It looks like you guys had a great Easter! It was nice to visit with you for a bit and actually see you! We'll have to meet up in Hurricane and plan something the next time both of us are visiting!
Lil is so stinkin cute! LOVE the pics & etc! I love seeing what you guys are up to! We definetely need to get together next time you're in the U-T! ;)
Just a little p.s. from my comment above. Our little portable DVD player is worth EVERY penny we spent on it. Invaluable on any trip over three hours. Our only dilema now is getting our kids who range in age so greatly to agree on a movie.
Sorry we missed you at the Easter Picnic. Cute pictures. It looks like you had a fun get-away. Lillie's hair is getting so long. I can't believe her ponytails in her cute purple outfit. She always looks adorable.
Post a Comment