Judging from the picture of the cutie pie below, it is hard to imagine me a "virgin", but that is what I've considered myself this past month...

For this year's women's conference for the Cottonwood Stake here in Arizona, the theme was the "10 Virgins". The Stake R.S. Presidency did a phenominal job in making sure every detail of the conference was completed. It was an awesome opportunity being able to work with such awesome women, including my talented sis. We practiced twice a week for the last 6 weeks, and it was great getting to know and make friendships with these ladies. Our Stake is pretty spread out, so it's not as easy getting to know people in other wards. Of course, I was asked to portray a FOOLISH virgin!

I actually connected with my character, Nava, who loves the Lord, but doesn't understand the importance to seek him daily. I do that in so many ways, and through my character, I better understood ways that I could improve. Here I am eating grapes rather than tending to my lamp, unlike Dina, a wise virgin.

Singing a duet with my good friend Niki, who played fellow foolish virgin Loraz.

The bridegroom has arrived, and us foolish folk realize our lamps are empty. We are pleading with the wise to share their oil with us. They have none to spare and so we run off into the night looking for oil at the last minute.

The wise women see the bridegroom and close the door behind them. Us foolish women get there too late, where the play ends. It was really powerful & the tears flowed at the thought of not being able to make it back. It makes me think about what is really important in life...

6 comments:
The YW in our ward did this for YW in Excellence. It was absolutely amazing. I loved every single song in the program. Looks like you had fun. :)
how awesome. I wish I could have watched it. You look beautiful as always....
I wish I could get more involved in things like that....maybe I will.
That is such an amazing experience! We did a similar thing for the YW & their mom's in our ward and it was very powerful and really hit home for me what it would really be like. I wish I could have heard you sing. I just remember that you had a GORGEOUS voice. I keep expecting to see you on American Idol.
Good for you and Cory to do initiatories at the Mesa temple. That is so admirable that you guys put so much effort forth to be in the temple. Thanks for being a good example for me!
That is such a beautiful program. Thanks for sharing about your experience...you looked exceptionally pretty! One of those women looks a lot like Karen Buehler, the one playing Dina. She was a neighbor of mine in St. George. Is that her? If not, she sure looks a lot like her.
This looked like an awesome program. Wish I could have been there. I bet you were wonderful.
Those kinds of programs start the water works, but they really drive the point home of why we are here, and what we should be doing day to day.
I wish I could've seen it! One of the first times I saw you, you were singing in a talent show in LaVerkin @ the stakehouse. You were Cosette from Les Mis...I totally bawled when you sang, too. I don't think I've ever told you that before! Huh..
Post a Comment