We've planted CORN, ZUCCHINI, SUMMER SQUASH, CARROTS, PEAS, TOMATOES, WATERMELON and STRAWBERRIES!
I was raised on a fruit orchard and we had gardens every year, but I've never really learned (or retained the information) to do it on my own, so Cory has been showing me the ropes. So far so good...
Farmer Lil' checks on the plants...

...and plays in the soil by the strawberries.
She's lickin' her chops for more vegetables.
13 comments:
Are you kidding me?! A garden is one of my main goals this year, if I could just get rid of some of this dang gravel! I have tried on my own but to little avail and so I am enlisting Luke's help - and at the rate that is going it may be a fall garden. I can't wait to see yours IN PERSON:)
ohhhhh I am so jealous! I LOVE gardens and in military housing you cant have them. I cant wait to see a picture of the fruits of your labor!
I am so excited for you! I wish that I was all ready to have a garden. Okay, I am ready, but my yard is not. Doesn't that sound like the line from Lamp of Light? "my house is ready, but I am not"
That is SOOO exciting, I've always wanted that, and you planted such yummy stuff! I hope it totally thrives, so keep us posted. Maybe I'll have to give it a go.
Congratulations! That is so exciting. We finally started a garden a few years ago, and I LOVE the fresh tomatoes and squash. We have tried other things like Cantalope and Watermelon, but they need more room to grow than we have to give. And I'd love strawberries, but we have snails here and they LOVE strawberries too. I might try one more time this year...
I'm glad to hear that your garden is coming along nicely. Ours needs some love I think. It sounds like you are going to be able to make some yummy food with your garden grown veggies.
Good for you! Our garden was alot of fun last year. I wish we could plant one here, but I hate to put in so much work when we're only renting. Hopefully you won't have grasshoppers like we did...they ate almost all our corn and cucumbers. Kirstie especially liked going out and checking on it, and pulling weeds. Good Luck!
I'm inspired... I tried strawberries and tomatos last year. Maybe I'll try again...BTW, LOVE Lillie! We REALLY need to get together when you're in UT so our little ones can play while WE play. :)
Mmmmm! I can't wait for another month when it's warm enough up here to plant our garden. I hope all of your plants turn out well. They all sound so yummy!
I am smitten with little Lil. She's a doll. Congrats on the garden. Come teach me :)
We hope to see you and your family SOON!! Andrew would love to go mess around with Cory. And you can help domesticate me. Yay.
That is cool you're starting a garden! Oh my goodness - Lillie is so cute in that picture.
It looks like a Great garden. Lillie looks like a huge helper. Taycee, Tymber and even Harlee love to help Chad in the yard. All five of us planted more flowers for FHE 2 weeks ago. (Tymber planned that FHE.) It is so fun to have them involved.
you're such a cute mommy.. and your little girl is just adorable.... I just wanted to say hi.. hope everythings goin well too bad you don't live closer it'd be fun to get together:)have a good day!
Post a Comment