8 grandkids & on my side, with a combined family, ours is a grand total of 39). I wish ALL of my nieces and nephews lived near so that we could party hardy all the time. Every once in a while I'll have a sleepover bash with either the boys or the girls...it's good to get my inner child out to play every once in awhile. Well, this time around it was the girls turn and our theme was "Some Enchanted Evening". We all dressed up like princesses...and the girls had to pass several "princess tests" to determine if they were royalty or not. Emily made Sarah's dress (in the blue), Maddie wore one of Angie's old formals from high school, I busted out my old tiaras for some of the girls to wear and everyone looked so cute. We had so much fun!
One of the "tests" was the girls had to sing along to some disney princess songs while I finished making dinner. We then sat down to our fancy meal, and the next test was that they had to eat their pizza with a knife & fork instead of using their hands. After dinner the girls had several glasses sitting in front of them & after taste testing they had to determine which had the apple in it...if they got it right, they got a present hanging in the window...you can see one of the presents in the picture below. We then watched "Enchanted" and crashed (or at least I did - little girls don't go to bed as easily as I imagined).
12 comments:
What a fun little auntie you are! I wish you were my aunt. I'd love for someone to treat me like a princess for an evening. Sounds like fun!
Hey Natalie!
I came across your blog and wanted to say hi. It was so good to see you guys on the mountain Easter weekend, it had been forever. Check out our blog: caseyandheatherstout.blogspot.com
It'll be great to keep in touch!
Oh my gosh! That is like throwing a birthday party, and although I enjoy the planning I breathe a giant sigh of relief when they are all gone...what on earth entices you to do all that just for the heck of it I don't know, but I do wish we were closer so our little ones could enjoy their Aunt Natalie. Lindsay would have LOVED getting to be a princess for the evening.
When I come to visit will you let me wear a tiara! You are way to much fun! I am sure your nieces had a blast!
What a fun idea! It looks like you guys all had a great time and I love the creativity! I wish I had an aunt like you when I was growing up!
oh man, I missed it! so much fun!
you have surely got some prettys in your family!
YOu are the best to do such fun things for the kids, and adults for that matter! Sarah had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for inviting her!
You are so creative. I personally dont think I would do somthing like that, but it sounds fun. lol. I bet the girls had a blast.
You are so great! I can't wait to hang with you again!!! I know its my turn to pick a place! I'll give you a call so we can hang! NIKI
That is so cute! I can't wait til Shae grows up and I can do that kind of stuff! Lillie's lucky to have such a fun Mommy!<3
I loved seeing Lillie naked in the corner. It looks like she missed the fork and knife part of the pizza, but I think she still looks like a princess. Fun party!!
You are a WONDERFUL aunt to do that! How fun!
Post a Comment