- "DECEPTIVELY DELICIOUS" Author: Jessica Seinfeld. This cookbook was sent to me by my dear friend Rachael (for no particular reason...isn't she awesome?). It's recipes call for different vegetable puree's to give them a nutritious boost. I tried the oatmeal with sweet potato, and it wasn't half bad. Lil' is actually pretty good at finishing her veggies, but when she goes through the finicky stage, I will be all set. I love the way the cookbook is designed and it devotes a section to the nutritious benefits of each vegetable and why they are good for you.

- "THE TOTAL MONEY MAKEOVER" Author: Dave Ramsey. We've made some minor adjustments to our spending habits thanks to this book my friend Teddy borrowed to me. I tried suffering through a Personal Finance course in college, and, frankly, I often left the class feeling more stupid and stressed out about all that budget and money business, that I wanted to throw my hands in the air. I've surprisingly found this book very interesting and easy to read. I feel energized about our finances and more in control than ever. This is a must read...
Moving on...Who would've thought such simple milestones could mean so much to a parent? Lillie is at a really fun (and frustrating at times) stage. She's catching on to all sorts of stuff...and I love to watch her personality blossom more with each day. Today during sacrament meeting she was being pretty squirmy, so my sister Martha gave her a pen and some paper...and she started to draw. This was a first for her and now she can't get enough. She showed Cory some of her mean art skills tonight as we stopped by the station.
Then she showed off some of the words & actions she is now understanding. My favorite is folding her arms (which she refrained from showing in the video) and her tongue technique. Don't pay attention to her "rag-a-muffin" attire...we'd just endured a five hour trip to Utah.
15 comments:
What! You were in Utah?! We'll discuss this more later:)
I loved Lil's little milestones - it's funny how the simplest things make us so excited. I love motherhood! Your book recommendations also look fun, I'll have to check them out.
Love ya!
I bought my sister a Jessica Seinfeld book for Christmas this year... after thumbing through it, I nearly kept it myself. Thanks for reminding me that it's out there!
I don't have any book recommendations that satisfies like Twilight, but I started reading a series by Besty Brannon Green... I am enjoying the first book so far. It's simple, easy reading... not truly thought provoking but I like books that let me escape. Thinking too hard is a chore :)
I can't believe you were in Utah. How sad that I didn't see you. Your lil Lil is so cute! She is also quite the artist. Looks like she takes after you! You have the right to be a proud momma.
Thanks to the peek at your copy of the fantastic cookbook, I went and bought one the next day. It looks wonderful. I am determined that it will become a cookbook that I actually use. I love cookbooks, but they tend to just be bathroom reading material for me. Not sure why. Fun stuff about Lillie. She is a little sweetie. It was fun picking flowers with her at the bus stop and teaching her to say tractor and bus.
So, "The Total Money Makeover" changed our lives. I would recommend that book to anyone! I've read a couple of good ones lately. "Eat, Pray, Love" was fantastic. And, anything by Jodi Picoult is a must read- I love her! Right now I'm reading "Three Cups of Tea". I'm always up for a good read.
It was so fun meeting you & your cute daughter last week! These pics of her are so cute, but I think she's even cuter in person!
DARLING with all capitals! Maybe we can work out a marriage between her and Asher..yes?
I LOVE that cookbook. Its been so fun trying those recipes.
So I'm thinking I need to check out that recipe book. Lil is so cute! I agree that this stage is so much fun. She is so smart. I love how she touches her nose and hair and everything. She is just so adorable!
Hey girl I am glad you like the cookbook. My new fav recipe is the hamburgers with mushrooms and zucchini...a must try (and they are easy!). I really want to read the money book. I am over finances now and it freaks me out a little. As for a new book Jodi Picoult is my favorite author (I saw someone else liked her too!) she is amazing and my favorite of hers is "My Sisters Keeper". They are making a movie from it.
Lil is adorable and for some reason when I see video of her she reminds me of Jack. I guess they will be a match made in heaven! Love ya!
Nat It was so fun to have you here over the weekend. I loved sitting with you and Lil at church. I hope that when she is a professional artist you will remember where it all came from!! love ya
I love when kids start to learn new things. It amazes me what they pick up and how quickly they learn. So I am coming home tomorrow...hooray!!! Are you still working out Thursday morning? I am so out of the loop I am going to feel like that new kid on the block again! Anyway, we will have to get together soon. Talk to you later!!
I, too, have not read anything lately that was as satisfying as Twilight! Keep the recommendations coming!
I need to go get that Deceptively Delicious cookbook! I've heard lots of people mention how good it is! And the finance book, I really could use some motivation there as well. Your little Lillie is absolutely adorable, even when she's been traveling in the car! Oh, and you should read some of Shannon Hale's books if you haven't already. They are Young Adult and very tasteful. She's LDS and her books are fantasy/fairy tale type. I also just finished a good book called Cold Sassy Tree. It was really good and it has a sequel.
Nat, because of your post I ordered the Total Money Makeover on Amazon today. I'm counting on it working miracles or you're refunding my $10.00. =)
hey! so cute is all i can say! yeah budgets are definitly working in my favor concidering i have to pay for my mission! but yeah im growing out my hair for now, its getting ridicilous i kid you not! but its all good! i will totally have to invest in that book! sounds amazing!
Post a Comment