
Wow! Five years? Really? I can't believe it. I'm sure some may laugh at the sheer notion that I would consider five years to be an accomplishment, but only if you knew my track record. Thanks to my severe case of cold feet, we were engaged SEVERAL times over our two year relationship and finally tied the knot three days before I was scheduled to leave on my mission to Brasil. I was sweating bullets during the ceremony...and I'm sure the spouse really wondered if I would actually go through with it. I rotate jobs, apartments, vehicles, and relationships in two year cycles...so in the world of Natalie, this is a big deal. Notice the time of this post...I was laying in bed & I just kept going over memories of these last five years we shared, and I couldn't sleep. So here I am back at the computer...my blog addiction was calling my name. I wonder if there are BA (bloggers anonymous) meetings available here in AZ? Oh well, moving on. The following are a few very random (it's 1:00 in the morning...all my thought processing are random at this point) high lights of the last five years:
Worked with AMAZING young women from all over the U.S. and beyond. Some days I loved my job & others, I wanted to scream. However, when we would witness the miraculous change in many of these teens, we'd be on a natural high for days.

Mastered the Arizona Mullet! Okay...it's not real...and aren't we all glad for that!? The Joe Dirt motiff just doesn't fit my spouse! BTW, if you can't tell who I am, it was a toss up between Aunt Flo and a Red Crayon. You decide.

Gospel Sharing Rocks Our World: The COOLEST experience ever! I wondered sometimes what would have happened if I ended up going on my mission...but I now realize that it doesn't matter where you go...missionary work is always needed. I did make the spouse promise to take me on a mission when we're older.
Had a kid: What a MIRACLE! Life finally began on that day. Can't wait for round 2!
Lillie says: "Happy Anniversary Mama & Dada! Let's go celebrate and watch the "Wiggles"."
Oh. Joy.
20 comments:
Natalie,
I hope you don't mind I jumped over to your blog from Emily's. Your "little" is so cute!! 5 years is a long time...It just flys by and before you know it...you are at 9 like Patrick and I and 10 is fast approaching. You wonder where the time has gone, how your kids got so big, what will be next on such an amazing adventure. Cheers to your five years!
Congratulations on reaching your five year mark! You have Flegal blood, who could ever doubt that once you make a commitment that it doesn't last forever? We are a determined brood aren't we? Fun pictures, as always!
Natalie, I just love you!!! You are such a cutie patootie... Glad you're part ours.... Love you so.. Auntie Tree
congrats you two.. And I must say your genes do produce a beautiful kid thus far.. cant wait to see what the rest look like!! love ya cuz
Congratulations!! I can barely remember my 5th anniversary. Steve & I have been married just over 16 yrs. It flies soooo quickly! Enjoy EVERY moment, and write it all down. It's so easy to forget all those moments you swore you would never forget. Thank goodness for blogs...I'm an addict too. I've never been good at journaling, but this stuff IS addicting. Love ya! -Melanie
Congrats! I just love the 3 of you! (mostly you - sorry cor:) Can't wait to see you and all of your randomness soon.
Happy Anniversary! I am so happy for you both and wish you another happy year (and another little miracle!)
Congrats! It is a big deal. And thanks for sharing your great attitude about sharing the gospel - so awesome! I had no idea you were about to go on a mission - but you're on a completely different one now and it's all good, eh?
Congrats guys, that's awesome! I didn't know you were engaged several times, or that you were married three days prior to leaving. CRAZY and AWESOME! And cute little Lil, you're so right, that's when life begins. :)
Happy Anniversary! 5 years is a big milestone (really I know none of us are surprised, but it's still awesome to think you've been married for 5 years)! I absolutely love that last picture of Lillie! She just looks so stinkin' cute!!! I'm with you that I can't wait to go on a mission with the spouse when we're older!
Five years! Wow! Congratulations. Let me know about the "BA" and where I can sign up as well! It's somewhat therapeutic - blogging. You were a gorgeous bride! And I love how you said that life began when you met Lil! She's a doll.
I learn so much about people by reading their blogs. You were planning on a mission, called of the engagement, opened your house to young women? Clearly, I need to keep reading. You and Cory are a great couple AND you made a beautiful baby...keep them coming! I think you and Cory are a great couple--he's lucky to have caught you!
Mary
Hey Natalie & Cory! I'm so excited I found your blog! I haven't seen your little one yet, in fact it's been forever since I ran into you guys! She's such a doll! Happy Anniversary! We're have our 9 year ann. this June. Crazy how time flies and how fast kiddos grow up! Hope all is going well!
Wow...I think I need more friends. Fourteen comments! Anyway, congrats on your anniversary. You two are such a great couple, and compliment each other perfectly, so I'm glad you FINALLY took the plunge. Wade & I were so glad when you two were wed and the deal was done!
P.S. I like the new look of the blog. I don't know how recent it is, because I use reader now, and only go to the actual blog page to add comments.
Hey, just wondering, does Cory still have that shirt that says "I'm fat, You're Ugly, But I can go on a diet"? That was the funniest shirt!
I know it's only been five years, but isn't it almost impossible to imagine life before the husband and baby??? Congrats, you guys!
Congrats!! Five years is great. I remember those up's and down's, but we were always hoping it would work out in the end. You're a perfect match. You compliment each other very well. You both have amazing qualities. And look at your beautiful child. It was definitely meant to be.
I read this when you first posted and forgot to comment!:Z But, congratulations you two! You guys are an amazing couple and family! Much love to you guys! <3
Congrats to you! 5 years is a big milestone (especially with your cold feet--haha too funny!). I love your wedding photo in front of the temple--just BEAUTIFUL! Also love that cute one of baby Lillie in the blue outfit/hat.
Post a Comment