5.21.2008

Some of the incredible views of the beach. I went snorkeling for the second time, and after I got used to it, I realized how neat it is. Cory was really patient with me, because I got clausterphobic and actually panicked at first, but I didn't give up. I don't know a lot about sea life, so seeing the different colored fish swimming around me was really cool. What kind of excursion bus is this? Talk about feeling violated!!! :)
On our hike to Tulum, this elderly woman fell and bloodied her nose. Cory's "rescue firefighter" instinct came out and he helped her out. Darren & Ron were very concerned and helpful to her as well. They are all great guys.
I know we have lizards in Arizona, but seeing these monsters roaming around the grounds of Tulum was a little unnerving. This guy had to have been 3 feet long.
I enjoyed hearing about the Mayan history of Tulum and our tour guide shared a lot of interesting facts. It was so muggy...we all looked like we peed our pants because of the sweat!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Natalie,
Sometimes you get so caught up in the sights that you forget that you need to go to the bathroom. Please don't feel ashamed to tell us the truth. . .you really DID pee your pants. Sweat - a likely story! That lizard or mini alligator is awesome! I wonder if they ever attack and slowly feast upon human flesh. Sick!

by: Kim said...

I left a comment yesterday but apparently it didn't save so here it goes again.
It looks like you had a great time and yes sometimes you do need time with just your hubby. I think that it helps your relationship which in turn makes better rounded kids.
The scenery is beautiful. Glad you got to go.

Emma said...

MEXICO! WHAT! THAT IS SO COOL! wow i am officially jealous! you look amazing as always btw! it looks like you guys had an amazing time! i hope all is well! miss ya!

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a beautiful family..

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Lillie wasn't there, that Lizard may have eaten her for lunch.