5.21.2008

iVIVA MEXICO!

Please forgive the large amount of pictures provided, but I just had to share. The spouse and I had the awesome opportunity to see the sites and enjoy the relaxation of Cancun, MEXICO. We went not only to celebrate our 5th anniversary, but to attend my brother's wedding on the beach. The resort we stayed at was incredible! This is our room - we got bathrobes and slippers.
I like seafood, but I don't get the opportunity to eat much more than salmon. For some reason, I was feeling pretty daring, and tried all sorts of stuff...this is my first encounter with octopus. A bit rubbery, but not bad. I was pretty lucky and didn't get "montezuma's revenge", but I did have to take a couple of Maalox for an upset stomache.
Because it was an all inclusive resort, all of our food was paid for in advance when we purchased the package deal (flight, hotel, food & transportation). I think I gained 5 lbs. ...but I have to say it was well worth it. My favorite treats: chips & guacamole/pico & pina coladas (virgin, of course!). This is us at the Brazilian restaurant for dinner.
We ventured out of our resort surroundings and got a taxi ride to church in Playa Del Carmen. We sure were glad to have Angie with us to translate a bit. The driver was having a hard time figuring out we wanted the "mormon church" rather than any church. Notice the look-a-like contest we seem to be having. "Great minds think alike" - applies to us. We frequently dress the same, think the same, and finish each other's sentences.
Since it was Sunday, we just hung around the resort for the day. The pools were amazing & there were these tiki huts that had beds...great for napping.

13 comments:

Ali said...

Wow, wow, TRIPLE wow! How amazing. I feel more relaxed after viewing your amazing photos :)

Grandma Flegal will love to see these photos :)

The Self's said...

I'm soooooo jealous! My cousin just got back from a cruise, then you...I'm feeling really left out:(
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I can't remember what it's like to get away from the kids for more than a couple of hours. You're so lucky to have family so close that you can depend on!

Emily said...

Looks very relaxing. Yet another place I didn't get to experience. Why does it have to cost so dang much to do ANYTHING! Well, I brushed my teeth today and that didn't cost very much. I may even be able to afford to brush them tomorrow. Of course, no one would want to take a picture of that.
The place looks beautiful. I wouldn't mind making my way down there sometime with my spanish speaking husband to protect me and communicate for me and whatever else may seem like fun while on vacation!

Jenn said...

Nat! its Jenn! (Hanson) I've read your blog a couple times but ahve been nervous to respond because I got the address from someone elses blog, but i love just seeing how all my old High School buddies are doing. You look great and can I say your daughter is soooo cute! You look like you had fun in Mexico, I went with the spanish class our junior year, i don't know if you remember how I got all busted up when I got in a fight with the sliding glass door? anyway its so good to see you are doing so well!

Annie Sunshine said...

Wow...I am so jealous! Maybe for our FIFTEENTH anniversary we will get to go on a fun trip like that. That resort looks awesome. Glad you had a great time. You are so right about needing to have time for just the two of you after the kiddos come along.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

HOW COOL!!! It looks like you guys had an amazing time! It's nice to see such beautiful pictures--i will continue to dream about such a vacation! =)

jaesi said...

Holy jealous! and so happy that you got to go.
Those pictures are awesome. Man, I need a tropical vacation with chips and salsa at my disposal!

Charity said...

Well I can see that my blog spot isn't very private! JK! It's great to hear from you. I honestly didn't remember that you married Cory! Tell him I say hi!
You are a gifted photographer, really. It's fun to look at all your pictures. I'm going to update my blog tonight. Stay in touch. I'd like to hear from you guys more!

THE DECKER FAMILY said...

HEY NAT!IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME. WHAT A NICE THING TO GO SOMEWHERE WITH THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE AND JUST FOCUS ON THE LOVE YOU TWO HAVE.GLAD THAT YOU HAD FUN. WE MISS GUYS. LOVE RACHEAL

Janalee said...

Thankyou so much for the birthday girl package! Kate and I love our presents. She looks adorable in her dress (you have great taste) and I love that recipe book (I wanted it when I saw it on your blog). I can't wait to try it, I think I'll try the sweet potatoe chicken first:) By the way it looks like you had a blast in Mexico and are quite the hottie in those pics! Oh, and thanks for the ELF makeup info. I took your advise on a budget and am going to try a few things.

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous. We love Cancun. Playa Del Carmen was definitely my favorite. I'm sure Cory can tell you stories from when we all went in high school. After I was married we went again and that was definitely better. You look like you had an awesome time.
Heidi

Heather B said...

Wow, it looks so amazing! I've totally been wanting to do the Mexico all-inclusive thing! Bathrobes and slippers, awesome!! Where did you guys find your great trip? Online?

Anonymous said...

Fun!! I have loved looking at all your pictures. What a great vacation. It is so nice that you have someone who you totally trust to leave Lillie with. What would we do without family? We need time with our hubby's, but without family I could never leave the girls behind. We are so blessed!! Speaking of great families, is your cute family going to make it for Labor Day?