6.06.2008

TGIF

Yes, Lillie is ready for the weekend...not that she's so busy in the first place! This last week has been an interesting one...here's a recap of highlights for your enjoyment.

MONDAY: For FHE we went for a bike ride as a family & fed the ducks at a local pond. On our way back, we went down a rocky hill and I wrecked my bike. Lil' was fine in the bike trailer...and besides the road rash I recieved all down my left leg, my pride was the only thing hurting. Here's the irony...when I wrecked I was listening to "Wipe Out" on my I-pod! Funny, huh!


WEDNESDAY: Lil & I headed to Riverfront Park for a playgroup. My friend Niki called me before I got there and told me that a bear was in the park...actually it had climbed up a tree and fallen asleep and the Game & Fish dept. was there to take care of it. The bear was just a cub, but it was pretty exciting seeing one from the wild. We didn't get to play long because everyone had to clear the park when he was tranquilized. I called Cory & I think he was a bit envious he wasn't with me!



FRIDAY: My green thumb is starting to pay off...we pulled off our first zuccini and we are enjoying munching on the peas in our little garden. We are going on a date night with Nate & Niki - dinner and a hike in Sedona.




BLOG UPDATE: I am leaving my blog open for a little while longer - I deleted my last post with all the e-mail addresses but I added them to my hotmail list. Thank you for providing me the addresses for when I am fully ready to take the plunge!

19 comments:

Kelly said...

Eva totally cheesed back to the picture of Lillie - so cute!

The McCarthys said...

Lillie is a cutie! And mommy hood is the most wonderful thing ever! Hope you and your clan are doing well!

Shannon said...

I'm glad you are okay after your crash on the bike. OUCH! Your garden looks much better than ours. Good job! I didn't add my e-mail to that post cuz you already have it. I would DEFINITELY love to be invited when you go private.

Rachael said...

Oh that lil what a little cheezer! I can't believe you biffed it on your bike...scary! You garden looks awesome I wish I was your neighbor:) Hope I can see you when your in Utah. Love ya!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

How cool to see a bear! Glad the bike crash wasn't any worse...it is pretty ironic about the "Wipe Out" song playing. LOL! How fun that you guys are starting to get stuff out of your garden!

Sara M. Taylor said...

That is so cool you saw a bear! Are you taking the plunge into a closed blog? I want an invitation. Love you!

jaesi said...

I feel for your pride :)

fresh peas are the very bestest....well along with that cute scrunched face I see.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat! I've been on your blog a couple of times but I didn't know for sure what you were doing with it. I can't believe how big Lillie is. She was just tiny when we left. How sad about you and your bike! I'm impressed about your garden. You can tell it's a lot warmer there than here, ours is barely starting. We miss you guys!

Kylene said...

That pic is classic! Haha!

Janalee said...

I love the cheesy grin! Is that new?

The Self's said...

Holy Cow Lil is getting so big! Steve saw that picture and could hardly believe it was her. Congrats on your garden...it looks great. Fresh peas are the BEST!

Anonymous said...

What a fun week. Good job on your garden. It is so nice to see and eat the rewards of your work.

Annie Sunshine said...

Just curious what bike trailer you have? I just ordered one, and realized I should have asked you what brand you had since Lillie seemed to be just fine through it all.

Danny said...

Natalie - thanks for the comment on our blog. Your Lillie is very cute! Hope all is well for you guys!

The Johnson's said...

Ok, so I found your sight through Micky's sight and LOVE IT! It's comforting to see that the somewhat obnoxious little boy (Hi Cory!) who would always shut the door on me when I would come over to see Shellie has turned out to be an awesome father and husband. It gives me hope for my two somewhat obnoxious boys. Your Lil is sooo cute! hope this doesn't sound a little to stockish. (is that a word)Angela Hinton

Rachel said...

I'm glad I happened in on your blog today, sounds like you are making it private. I know I never made your links list, but I would love to have an invite so I can peek in every once in a while! Your garden looks wonderful and sounds good too! My blog is also private, but let me know what your e-mail address is at enceluv@yahoo.com!

Rachael said...

UPDATE PLEASE!

Charity said...

I wish I had a green thumb. I have the thumb of death. Hahahaha. Really. I'm bad at growing things. I must need to try more. Oh, I did grow tomatoes once. But tomatoes are the easiest thing to grow, that's not saying much. Sooo, I'm proud of your green thumb. That's very cool.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Your garden looks AWESOME! That's too funny that you were listening to 'wipe-out' when you literally did that. Glad you're alright. That first pic of Lillie w' her face scrunched is the BEST! =)