7.10.2008

Beaver Mountain

The Ipson family has recently made it a tradition to go camping every summer up on Beaver Mountain (Timid Springs area). So we got our fill of Utah camping the last couple of weeks! We took a family hike to explore the ice caves, which are always fun to climb around...until you have a toddler that takes a tumble on uneven ground. She still had fun though. Taking a nap with Lil - that's the nice thing about camping...getting a little r 'n r. I read "Fire of the Covenant" while I was up there (750 pages & I finished it in about 5 days). My friend Genis recommended it & I'm so glad she did. I now have such a profound appreciation of the immigrants that endured the trek west with the Martin & Willie handcart company. This book has been out quite awhile...and if you haven't read it, I definitley urge you to do so, especially with Pioneer day coming up. Cory's poor family thought I was anti-social because I was constantly stealing away to read.
Lil' with her cousin Ella. They are only two months apart and I hope that they can become close cousins, even though they live far away from eachother. We had "secret cousins" and the girls both got these dolls. I told Lil to give it a kiss, and she nearly bit the head off (as shown in the picture). She was very possessive over all the dolls...she wanted them all. It's definitely time for her to have a sibling hanging around so that she can get used to sharing.
The big family ride. We had nearly all the grandkids in the back of our rhino, but they had a lot of fun being with eachother. I could believe how dusty we all got!
Lil's first mallow roasting experience...she's hooked!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. The Ipson's have such a great family. I am glad you get your own reunion. Family is so important!! I am glad I got to say hi. Maybe next time it will be for more than a minute.

Emily said...

So much fun! It makes me ache to get out in nature and just soak up all the beauty and peacefulness!