Oh I LOVE friends! Some of my bestest friends that I've been lucky to have all of my life are my sisters. I am so lucky to have two that live right next to me & two in Utah. Martha and I took the kids up to Weeping rock at Zion's...we had so much fun together. I spent a night at both Martha's and Mary's house while Cory went home for a bit. I am a firm believer that every girl needs a sister...and I lucked out with four!

Girl shopping day with Jana & Shannon. Lillie loved playing with Kate & Lincoln in Barnes & Noble. Of course our kids were more interested in pulling books off the shelves rather than listening to stories, so the idea was a bit premature, but we had fun nonetheless. Janalee has become like a sister to me (we've been friends for years & we were even roommates in college, but we didn't become really close until after we were married & our spouses are like best friends). Shannon and I clicked in college...she was like my long lost twin! We always had a blast together back in the good 'ol days.

My friend Savannah celebrated her "golden birthday" turning 26 on June 26th. I remembered because she is exactly 6 months younger than me and I had just had my golden birthday in Dec. So to celebrate we went to lunch at Pizza Factory. She has the most beautiful twins. It was comical watching them with her. They love her so much & she is a great mom. We've been friends since the 4th grade, and so to see us as parents is really surreal.

My good friend Niki drove up from Arizona to stay a few days with me. I wanted to give her a taste of what southern Utah has to offer. We had a great time! Such a great time, that I didn't get any pictures of us together! The kids highlight was playing at the Heritage Park square in St. George. Lillie & Braden loved climbing the rocks and making a splash in the puddles. Carter & Braden loved playing in the backyard/orchard and jumping on the trampoline. We went swimming at the city pool & at Martha's, to the park for a play day, shopping in St. George, dined at Cafe Rio (of course), visited Zion's & ate dinner at the "Pizza & Noodle", and saw the temple.

The "Ghetto Booties" have returned! Whitni, Holly & Genis. Friends from college. We all worked at the Pizza Factory and became good friends...my boss always teased us about our bubble butts, and the nickname quickly stuck. Each of these girls I love and have a strong respect for. It was good visiting with them.
14 comments:
Natalie! You are still so cute! Nice to know some things just don't change. What a cute family you have! I just love your little girl's pigtails! We don't see those often around our house! Now, I'm not catching on to where you live...am I retarded? Somewhere in AZ, right? Tell Cory hello, he's always been a favorite of mine, and I'm so glad we can check each other out from time to time!
You guys were so busy in Utah. Sounds like you have FUN, FUN, FUN! I love all the family traditions and fun things you guys do together!
I am way jealous that I did not get to see you while you were in Utah. Maybe next time we can figure a way t bridge the gap between slc and st. george. Wow, it looks like you guys had a blast! I can't believe you did all of that prego...you are way strong than me! Miss you!
What a fun summer you're having! I'm incredibly jealous b/c we won't be able to visit beautiful Southern Utah until Christmas. Boo hoo. Plus, a treat to see a picture of Jan and Kate! Lillie camps!? What a great toddler! Oh and BTW, I have absolutely no advice for weaning a toddler off a binkie. Charlotte never actually used one. She's only found Freddie's recently and likes to chew them. I'm actually having an incredibly hard time getting her off a bottle. She still goes to bed with milk and wakes up AT LEAST once a night for a refill. Her teeth must be rotting. Don't tell Jan. Just popped in my mind: Super Nanny could help you get rid of the binkie. Ever heard of the binkie/paci fairy?
Looks like you've been a busy girl having lots of fun! That's awesome! i agree with you--sisters are the BEST! =)
Glad you had fun in Utah, but I am sure glad you're home!
Twas way fun hanging out with you in St. G. Let's play again when you come down next time.
ohhh such pretty friends and sisters.
they are the best.
It's crazy to see all you girls with toddlers. Savannah's twins are so cute, I haven't seen them since they were babies!! Lillie is such a cutie as well! Sounds like you guys are having an awesome summer!
Savannah! It's so cool that you are still in touch! Looks like you had fun in Utah. Maybe one of these times we'll be in the same place at the same time and we can have lunch or something? :)
My gosh you've had a busy summer! looks like you guys had so much fun, I love traditions, we have both our reunions coming up still and i'm so excited, but they are nothing compared to yours!
Hey Natalie,
I found your blog from Amber Monson. I hope you remember me from high school. Anyway, it would be fun to catch up. My blog address is matthewandheidi-heidi.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon.
Heidi Orton Barney
We love that water park by the library in St. George. It looks like Lillie had a great time there,too.
I had such a great time with you thanks soooo much for inviting us!!! Love ya!!!! I tagged you look at my blog.
Post a Comment