7.28.2008
It's 3:00 and all is well...
We went to our first doctor appointment today. Despite the dreaded pap smear exam, I left the office grinning from ear to ear. I was able to have an ultrasound to check out our little "cricket" and everything looks swell. That first appointment is nervewracking for me, because that was when I found out I miscarried with my first pregnancy. So seeing that little heartbeat brought immense relief to both Cory & I. Because we don't have maternity insurance coverage (we have major medical, but trying to pay a premium for maternity is a joke), I am going to have to deliver down in PHX where the prices are much cheaper than the local hospital...it's about a two hour drive, so that's a little scary, but we both feel good about it - so I hope it all works out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
I am glad everything is going good. I hate the first visit because they take blood and I hate, hate , hate needles.
Oh good! I am happy all is well. I feel you on that first visit. I am always nervous too. It is always a relief when you hear the heartbeat. I had to wait until the second visit with both Lindsay and Bryce...that was nerve wracking...especially with Lindsay because she was just a couple months after my miscarriage.
I'm SO happy for you guys (like I have already said) :) I completely understand on the nervousness. I always get a tad bit choked up right when they first get the heartbeat sound really good. It's sooo special. And with this one they COULDN'T get his heartbeat AT ALL with that little heartbeat thing on my second heart beat appt. I was totally stressed out and they had to take me in for an ultrasound real quick and right when the put the wand thing on my stomach yhou could see the heart beat. I guess he's back in me as far as he could go. Go figure, I already have had BAD back labor with my other 3. Looks like I'm really in for it this time :)
Isn't it just amazing!?! Because of all that I had to go through to get pregnant, I had my 1st ultrasounds at only 6 weeks (technically only 4-weeks pregnant). It was so incredible! The babies are only the size of a small pea at that stage, but you could see that teeny-tiny heart beating. Life is definately a miracle!
We are so happy for you. I hope you haven't been to sick. It's hard to be pregnant sick and take care of your little one.
yay! i'm glad it all went well for you! i was sad to miss the pioneer celebration--i heard you tore it up on the mic! =)
Hooray for the heartbeat! That's so wonderful. And I TOTALLY know what you mean about maternity premiums, holy crap, they are ridiculous. I will probably be doing the same thing after this baby, so let me know if you learn anything useful through the process, kay? Thanks!
I'm glad that everything is going well. I think I've been more nervous this pregnancy than the others when it comes to making sure the baby is alright. You'd think being my 4th that it would get easier. Good Luck and I hope you have an uneventful 9 months.
Oh man! I get the "Egyptian Flu" post now. I'm so slow!
Again, CONGRATS!!
HUGE congrats to you and Cory. The first appointment always seems to be the most nerveracking. Seems half of the Hurricanites I know are pregnant. Must be our year.
Here's a little advice since you do have a two hour drive down to deliver. . . between now and then just read the Good Earth and you can learn how to deliver your own baby just in case. I know, I am so helpful. What would you do without me?!
Congrats! I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat...I totally understand that feeling, especially after a miscarriage (which sucks)! It's such a relief to know the baby is alive and growing.
Exciting! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! Lillie is gonna be such a fantastic older sister!
Congrats on baby number 2. It's so fun to see what you're up to. It was fun to find your blog. Hope to hear from you soon.
Heidi Orton Barney
matthewandheidi-heidi.blogspot.com
Yeah! I am so glad that all is well. That first appt. is always a little scary. I hope you're feeling good! I hope you don't deliver too fast, if so the drive to Phx could be crazy!
yeah nat! i am so excited for you! love ya!~
I would love to fix your computer. Just bring it on up and I'll do what ever I can to fix it for ya. thats my favorite thing to do as you can tell by my two amazing jobs that I now have. I ya'll down there.
Yeah! good news! Tell Cory I'm sorry I've been emailing him 50 times a day. I'm a little stressed. He has other things to think about! :) Good things! Congrats, this baby better be nick named cricket, it's so cute.
I found your blog through Terra and Chads blog and I was so glad I did. My husband and I just moved back to Hurricane and drove down the Ipson's street yesterday. It got me wondering about you guys and then I found you today by chance. I can't believe how different Cory looks, but you still pretty much look the same. Congrats on the pregnancy, I completely understand your stress of waiting to hear the heartbeat for the first time. What a relief!
Congrats to you and Cory, Nat!
(((hugs)))
I guess if I was on here reading more I would've found out sooner. Hehehehe. Grandma told me a few days ago about your news. So I'm a slow poke, but I am still so stoked for you! Good luck and keep smiling! Love ya, Holl
Post a Comment