8.17.2008

A few random things...

We survived yet another summer in Arizona - it's still pretty hot, but the monsoon season greatly makes up for that! Lillie LOVES swimming in the pool - she graduated from her innertube to floaties & she is getting more and more brave and independent with each visit. She loves to jump off the side. I know it's hard to pay attention when Cory's farmer's tan is so apparent, but look at her face - she's so funny!Stake Pioneer Festivities - I was in charge of the entertainment & I was so grateful to have my sisters back me up in getting everything together & organized. I made Lil's costume, and I was pretty glad that it turned out decent...I'm relieved the photo doesn't reveal all my mistakes. My expert seamstress mother would have a thing or two to say about it if she saw it up close! Oh well, I'm still a rookie!
We were one of the few people out of hundreds that actually dressed up in pioneer attire. We had fun walking in the children's parade though.
The activity was located on a ranch - complete with a pond. The kids all had fun swimming in the murky water (oh, that gives me the willies- I hate swimming where I can't see the bottom or feeling strange weeds tickling my toes)
Lillie has been all "up in my business"...in other words, she loves to help me with anything and everything. She's also a major copycat, which is cute. She walks around talking on the phone like I do that all day...I really don't! Anyway, here she is helping me make cookies. She didn't mind the "clean up" (a.k.a. licking the whisk clean)
Also a quick update - I'm finally out of the dreaded 1st trimester & I'm actually starting to look pregnant rather than just a fattie. I've been out of commission this last week reading the final Twilight book "Breaking Dawn". It was pretty good, but I'm glad I can finally move on with my life rather than wondering if Bella was actually going to go vamp-style. The Olympics have been amazing & maybe it's the pregnancy hormones but I actually got a bit misty eyed when Phelps got the 8th gold medal last night! What an amazing accomplishment for an incredible guy - he's seems really down to earth to me.

12 comments:

The Gubler Fam said...

Lil is so cute!! Your little dress you made her was darling!! I love ya

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute! that is a great picture of her, priceless. I just gotta say your costume for her is a thousand times better than I could do so way to go!

Shelise said...

She really is such a cutie. I just love her little face. I have only been to Arizona a few times but it seems like you guys always have something fun to do. Maybe thats hard work on your part, but Vegas just seems boring compared to Arizona. So how many weeks are you now?

Anonymous said...

You did great on Lillie's dress and her boots are adorable. It is so fun when they follow you around and want to do everything with you, but you do learn to do some things when they are sleeping. My girls love the water, too. I love her little tongue sticking out. Cute:)

Taralee said...

I can NOT get over how much hair she has. She's a little younger than Sage and Sage is finally starting to get some hair. Crazy! At the beginning of the summer I put Sage in floaties and I am SO happy that I did because she has loved the freedom. She is all over the place like she owns the pool. It has sure made my swim life easier! :)

Heather B said...

YAY for getting out of the awful first trime. Lil looks absolutely precious in her pioneer outfit. Good job! She has grown up so much, it's crazy.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I'm impressed! That dress looks really cute...great job! I also love the pic of Lil' in the water with Cory! That's so cute that Lillie is "helping" so much and copying you. Just wait til the baby comes...I'm sure you'll have some great stories to tell of how much she "helps"! Congrats on getting throught the 1st trimester!

BTW...love the candy pics! Lil's hair looks darling!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

I LOVE your pioneer outfits--sooo cute! You are so talented, it must run in the genes! We were sad to miss the pioneer activity--looks like so much fun!

Bryce said...

It's great to see the pictures of you guys. Congratulations on your family addition.

Bryce

Shannon said...

I love the pioneer attire. It looks like you did just fine on the sewing to me. I got misty when the Phelpsy got his 8th gold too and I'm not even preggers. I'm just a big cry baby. In fact, the other day, I started crying when Link was watching the Wonder Pets and they sang thier Teamwork song. What the Freak! Pretty lame...I know.

MIKE AND SAMMI said...

Hey Nat. You are adorable like always and and your fam is just the same. I love this whole blogging world, it's great to catch up on what your fam is up to.
Hope all is well.
Love ya
Sammi Jo

Cole & Amandalynn Blair said...

It has taken me too long to get back to you. Your family looks just great. I hope that things are going as well as they look on the blog for you there. I know this is late, but it was good to run into you at Christmas time. Keep up the great work.

Cole Blair
blairzinho@hotmail.com