11.16.2008

I needed a "Time Out"

With this pregnancy, I've been getting mini anxiety attacks wondering how I am going to manage two kids...I felt like a total wimp in Sacrament Mtg. today, when Lil' wouldn't settle down and I started to imagine myself keeping a busy terrible two year old toddler and a newborn quiet and peaceful in a restricted area for over an hour every week. The anxiety and claustrophobia of the side bench started to overwhelm me and I luckily slipped out in just enough time to make it to the foyer before bursting into tears. With Cory's crazy fire schedule it's hit or miss with church, so I will be a loner every once in awhile...but I have the amazing example of my older sister Angie. Her husband was called to be bishop when her 3rd child was only a one year old (she's the one that's pregnant with #6). He served for 6 years, and after a year break was called into the Stake Presidency. So she's pretty much been doing it solo for the last 8 years and will continue for at least 5 more! Yep....I'm a wimp.
It's a good thing I had the chance to reflect on my "time out" last weekend. Martha and Mary joined us Arizona gals for a weekend of fun. Friday night we stayed up until nearly two in the morning making aprons at Tammy's house. The little girls had a sleepover upstairs while we laughed, and snacked, and sewed to our little hearts content.

The finished product...mine and Em's are a bit different than the others, but I think they all turned out pretty cute. I look like a total porker next to Mary, but let's just blame that on my basketball tummy, shall we? More than anything, it was just awesome spending time with my favorite gals in the universe. I can't say enough how excited I am that Lil' is going to have a sis that she can pal around with. The next morning we dragged our bums out of bed at 6:30 and after eating a scrumptious breakfast we headed to Phoenix for the "Time Out for Women" conference put on by Deseret Book. It's my 3rd year attending, and the speakers & musicians definitely delivered! I loved listening to Hilary Weeks, Jenny Jordan Frogley, Laurel Christensen, Abe Mills, Cherie Call, & John Hilton. I felt energized and motivated to attack life and try to be better. We were EXHAUSTED both spiritually & physically by the end of the day! However, it was awesome and well worth the trip.

6 comments:

jaesi said...

your looking slammin!

Annie Sunshine said...

I love Time Out for Women. I really wanted to go this year...partly because I loved the bags, but mostly because of the sensational spiritual boost. However, it just was out of our budget this year.

Hillary Weeks is my favorite presenter at TOFW. I'm glad she was at yours, I'm so jealous.

Heather B said...

She's too cute in those moonboots! So, two weeks into it, here's my tips on two kids: You'll have moments that are HARD and make you cry, but they aren't going to happen as much as you think. And church will probably be the same- some good days where you get to sit through at least half of sacrament meeting, and then other days where you and both kids are out in the foyer the ENTIRE Time. Don't worry. (Ok, easier said than done.) I worried too much, and it didn't do any good. Things are still good on some days, great on others, hard on a few. Seriously, don't stress about it til you're in it. There's no point. I really hope you'll trust me. It's an easier transition than you'd think. Love ya girl.

Kylene said...

1. I think all mothers have had an episode during sacrament meeting. That's a lot to ask to keep children quiet for 1 hour so people can listen to a couple people talk quietly! ;)
2. You look absolutely Preggelicious!
3. Your apron is adorable.
4. I'm so jealous! I love Hilary Weeks!
5. We need to get together next time you're in UT. That's all. :) Love ya, Nat!

Min and Mary said...

Oh, I empathize with you about sacrament meeting and children. Sometimes I wonder why I even go to church b/c I never make it through a meeting, but I guess we're setting the standard for our kids. You'll learn very soon to accept any help that's offered. Freddie gets passed around the entire congregation while I play the organ, and he's perfectly content. They learn to adapt easily...it's the adults that struggle, right? Good luck!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

YOu are going to be an AWESOME mama to two. I just know it! You and your sisters are all sooo cute! Aren't sisters the best? Those aprons are AWESOME!!!