We announce the arrival of our little darling...
Abby Mae Ipson
02.04.09
7 lbs. 10 oz & 19 inches long
details provided below...
Because I had to deliver in Phoenix, I didn't want to take the chance of being in labor and having a kid on the side of the road, so I went with the option of being induced. This is just one more shot of my buddah belly before I changed into my lovely gown. We (me, Cory, & mi madre) got there at about 8:00 a.m. to start our "Labor Day".
Trying to rest in between contractions. There was limited seating, so Cory climbed into bed with me, which was actually calming. I like his smell & the feel of him close to me, so it helped me focus on that more than the pain. I got up to an 8 in dilation, before I requested God's greatest gift to woman...the epidural. I remember thinking in between contractions, "why did I sign up for this again?" The pain got really intense and brought me to tears, and I knew I wouldn't last much longer.
It wasn't more than an hour after I got the epidural that I was fully dialated and the show was ready to begin! I pushed twice during one contraction and then had to wait for another contraction to come. Someone said something that made me laugh and the doctor said "Your laugh is pushing the baby out!" One more half push, and little Abby made her debut! I literally laughed my kid out...now THAT is a powerful laugh! HAHAHA!!! She was born at 6:45 p.m. - my goal was by 7:00 (that's the nurse shift change & I LOVED my nurse and didn't want a new one right then), so we were successful!
My awesome team! I was so grateful to have my mom here to help me again - I kept teasing her that she needed to bust out her poms poms and cheer "Push it out! Push it out! WAY OUT!" She really did help me with my breathing and relaxing during those hard contractions & of course Cory was just fabulous - he knew all the right things to say to encourage me.
42 comments:
She is the most beeeeeutiful baby Ive ever seen....no joke! Congrats! Congrats! I love her name!
congratulations! she is beautiful, just like her mommy! i'm glad everything went ok! enjoy those new baby smells, sounds, and moments!
Cory & Natalie- Congrats! She is adorable. :) Good luck with two. I am sure Lillie will do great.
Oh congratulations! You are such a cute little mommy! You two make beautiful babies. I am so happy for you. Love and hold her all you can - they grow up so quickly. Love and hugs from your Aunt Wendy Goose!!
Congrats! She is beautiful. What a darling baby. You will love having two little girls to love and to hold. They are precious. You are such a darling mom, you will handle two with ease! I can't wait to see you all in person. Thanks for keeping up the blog so we can kind of keep in touch. Love and miss you all. Aunt Jennifer
Congrats! She is so cute! I am so excited for you guys!
I was so excited to see the pictures and all of the news about Abby's birth. I have heard about women laughing and peeing their pants, but I have never heard about laughing and delivering a baby!! She is beautiful. I am glad that things went well. It looks like your Mom is having so much fun taking care of all of her girls. Love to all of you, Aunt Diane
I'm so happy for you!!! I love the name too- it's perfect! Good luck with everything- just remember that the first few weeks are the hardest and then everyone settles in and figures it out! I'm excited for you- there is nothing better than a new baby!
Congrats!! to you both. She's beautiful. Her coloring is gorgeous. I too laughed out my first one. It made it much easier and calming too. So glad everything went well. Enjoy and get some sleep. :)
How wonderful! Congratulations!! We were praying for you. SO glad that it all went well!! :)
AHHHH! Congrats!!!!!!! I can't get over how CUTE she is. She's perfect and YOU look awesome :) I'm so excited for you guys. How wonderful that Cory knew just the things to say. In our case, Tom knows exactly what I DON'T want him or anyone saying or doing to me. So he's quite literally my "guard" :) Love you guys. Enjoy your new little bundle of joy. I'm sure Lil will love her more all the time :)
What a beauty! The picture of Lily holding/meeting her for the first time melted me. I'm so happy for you and your family. Congratulations!
Big huge congrats Cory and Natalie. She is adorable!
Congratulations!
I am glad that everything went smoothly for you. She is beautiful. We look forward to meeting her.
How wonderful! Little Abby is adorable. I hope you are all doing well. Congrats and Loves!
Way to go team! I wish that I could laugh and make my babies come out. You are amazing and she is absolutely adorable. Congrats and whenever you feel like a meltdown...fondue it baby!! Love ya!
Congrats!! She is quite the stunner. You and Cory produce beautiful babies. We are glad to hear everything went well. Give our love to everyone!
I have been DYING to hear all the details! She has sweet hair!! I LOVE IT. and ther mustbe some serious good genes in your family to look so DANG GOOD after you have babies!!! She is so new and beauty..can;t wait to meet her. What FUN family traditions and all. I hear ya about the huvvy;s smell and closeness! I LOVE your family pict at the top of the blog too!
Congrats- she's adorable.
Congratulations! So glad all went well. She's a cutie!! The last pic of you pregnant looks like you stuffed a basketball under your shirt. Love it!
Such great news!! All my love to you. Keep in touch!!
Congrats! She's beautiful, what a cute family!
Comment #23! Do you feel loved!?! I know we already phoned in our congrats, but just wanted to say she is adorable, and I'm glad all went well. I always worry when someone I care about is in labor.
Yeah! She is beautiful. I am so excited for you and Cory. How have the past couple days been? Lillie doing okay? They are going to be darling sisters. Can't wait to see you in May at Whit's wedding-Hooray! Sure love ya, wish I could be there to help!
Oh she's so beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!! You and your cute belly looked so adorable right up to delivery Natalie--you're a pro now!! Congrats you guys--your girls are adorable!!
Yeah! She's darling. You just went up like 100 points in my awesome book for making it to an 8 without an epidural. SHEra!
Congrats Nat & Cory! You did amazing! She is the most precious little girl i have seen :) Your gonna need to make a road trip to Utah soon so i can hold her :) (like we did with lilly)
When Sarah saw these pictures she made a funny comment. She saw the picture of Abby just as she exited her dark 9 month home as is evidenced by the goopity goop all over her. She asked if that was leftover food from having been in your tummy. Darin and I laughed about that one. :)
She is sooo sweet I love her! You look amazing by the way after having a baby...I had to cut myself out of all the pictures I posted! Love you! Congrats!
Congratulations! She is beautiful!! I love that picture of you right before baby - it looks like you just swallowed a basketball. I can only hope that my kids are as cute as yours.
Congratulations! She is adorable!!
So I'm a little behind but really wanted to say congrats on the new bundle of joy! I love the loving look Lil is giving Abby in your arms, so adorable! Good luck with number two, I'm sure you're a pro already! love ya
Natalie,
So...I thought I'd give you a call the other day to check up on you and apparently the number I have for you is wrong! Hope all is well. I'm sure you are just loving your precious little new one. If you get a chance email me your number will ya!? Thanks and have a FABULOUS week!
I have to say...you have a beautiful little angel on your hands. I am Trent's girlfriend's older sister by the way. Trent came home and showed me all of the pictures he got. He was so proud to show her off. Your older daughter reminds me of my daughter. She is way too cute. CONGRATS on your new addition.
How fun. YOur family is so adorable and this little addition fits right in. I am so mad at myself right now, I was in Phoenix that weekend for work (I work with Modbe clothing and we were doing a clearance event out there). Friday and Saturday I was there. I didn't think to call you because you aren't close to Phoenix. Seriously kicking myself! You look great and so does the new babe!
Natalie:
She is Beautiful! What a darling family! Grandma F. called to give me the news, she was so excited! She said, "We have 2 Abby's..." So happy for you!
oxoxo,
Kim (SLC cousin)
Congrats Nat! She is cuh-ute!
She is sooooooo beautiful! I am thrilled that you had such an easy birth, and I hope I can be so lucky one day. What a cute name. She already looks like Lil to me. CONGRATS! Way to go Nat!
Looks like Shay and I are late adding our congratulations, but holy moly! Congratulations! What a precious little girl.
I am so behind, I did not even know she was here. Sorry I am a horribly self involved person lately. We are so happy for you. Congrats!! She is beautiful. I can't believe how much she already looks like Lil. I want to see there little pictures side by side. Great job Nat. I would love to chat with you about your experience sometime.
Congrats Nat! She is a beautiful baby and her name is really adorable. I love it! You look fantastic, by the way, all belly at nine months prego. You're a beautiful Mom!
Sorry I'm a little late, but Congrats!! She is so beautiful and so is Lilly!!! I'm so jealous! You looked amazing in that final belly shot. What a cute cute cute family!
Post a Comment