4.19.2009

A Fool's Garden

Monica had planned a fun play group on April Fool's. The kids had to wear their clothes backwards (I think Monica and I were the only adults who dressed backwards too). Us moms shared April Fool's pranks of the past while the kids played on the playground and then we happily indulged these delicious worm treats. Cory and I wanted to superglue a quarter to the ground in the Wal-Mart parking lot and watch people try to pick it up, but we didn't have time. Maybe next year. My hubby is quite the prankster, so I was surprised that he didn't try anything on me. When we had dinner that night, I served lemonade, but his drink was straight lemon juice! His "sour" face was classic and well worth it!
Lillie "helped" her dad paint a flag pole at a Scout activity and she ruined her only pair of jeans with paint splattered on them. I took a bleach pen and turned the paint into flowers and brought them back to life!
Cory and Lil' planted our garden - this year we've got a salsa garden (tomatoes, jalepenos, green peppers, cilantro, onions) and we also planted corn, green beans, peas, zucchini, and yellow squash. The frost killed off our tomato plants already, but we aren't going to give up!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You are so creative with Lil's pants. I wish I could think of stuff like that. Oh well, I'll just have to rely on others I guess. I would have never known any different if you hadn't said something.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

I'm so glad you got into the spirit of the April Fool's day activity. You are sooo fun! I am WAY WAY impressed at your creative skills regarding the paint splatters. Way to go!! Her pants look awesome. Good job on the garden, and I have some pics for you guys from that day. Sorry I'm so slow. I will e-mail them to you!