Since Cory planned our anniversay last year, and he went all out with dinner and a night away in Sedona (SO romantic), I figured it would be only right if I were to plan an anniversary "CORY STYLE"...so I went with the Las Vegas getaway route to see MOTORCROSS! (I know, I should totally get the wife of the year award for that one!) We were so glad to go along with great friends! Luke and Janalee made the trip even more worthwhile. We went to the Venetian Casino and I was blown away by the cool umbrella display. I thought it was the best part of the trip...is that weird?
We took more pictures all along the strip, joking that it looked we were anywhere but Las Vegas. Here's a picture from the "islands" and the two smaller pictures are obviously us in Paris! :)

Truth be told...I actually enjoyed Motorcross. It was fasinating seeing the caliber of people that go to those events. Everytime the crowd would do the "wave", a strong smell of beer would be blown our way. It seemed EVERYONE was drinking. YUCK. Janalee's right...beer smells like body odor.
When the announcer introduced the different motorcyclists and their various stories, I found myself getting a bit connected to some more than others, therefore rooting for them above everyone else. For example, I REALLY wanted 14 to win because he's a dad and was riding his last race that night after a 16 year carreer with Motorcross. He took second, and the rookie took first (which I was rooting for him as well, mostly because his yellow gear reminded me of the man in the yellow hat). It's funny what girls will base their opinions on, eh? We had fun together.
Happy Anniversary Cory! It's been a great 7 years...here's to many more!


No comments:
Post a Comment